Close

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thanks for posting that Foxchassis. That's much more helpful than the service manual. Thanks again Jeremy for the offer, if this is what you were talking about, it'll be very helpful.

Can someone post pictures from their instrument panel of the glove box lock ring? Mine was gone so I'm making it from Panel Bonding Adhesive. I've already roughly made it with the Adhesive. I just need some dimensions and a good picture so I can carve it out with my dremelName:  image.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  117.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Can someone post pictures from their instrument panel of the glove box lock ring? Mine was gone so I'm making it from Panel Bonding Adhesive. I've already roughly made it with the Adhesive. I just need some dimensions and a good picture so I can carve it out with my dremelName:  image.jpg
    Are you referring to the steel ring that the glovebox latches too?
    Leo
    1984.5 Mustang GT 5 Speed Convertible Originally 9W now 1E See the build here http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...vertible-build
    1986 Mustang GT 2R Jalapeno Red

Hummmmm .......yours is considerably different than mine. I'll have to do a little research and I might just need to reassemble that portion of the instrument panel to figure it out. Mine looks like the panel in the IP removal sticky I read through here.

Thanks for the time you spent though. I really do appreciate it.

Here's a picture from v8only's thread, it's like mine.Name:  IMG_0483.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  124.4 KB
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 03-16-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Hummmmm .......yours is considerably different than mine. I'll have to do a little research and I might just need to reassemble that portion of the instrument panel to figure it out. Mine looks like the panel in the IP removal sticky I read through here.

Thanks for the time you spent though. I really do appreciate it.

Here's a picture from v8only's thread, it's like mine.Name:  IMG_0483.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  124.4 KB
    You're quite welcome. Yes yours is much different. The car this photo is from is an 84.5 Mustang GT convertible. I'll have to take a look at my 86 GT hatchback to see if it's different as well.
    Leo
    1984.5 Mustang GT 5 Speed Convertible Originally 9W now 1E See the build here http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...vertible-build

I will take a look at my 84 when I get home. I'm thinking I have the metal piece like what Scorpio7d has also but I will verify that.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Thanks Brock, I just got through primering the IP. I made do off that picture above. If I need, I'll reshape it in the future.

Default Finally In Primer

Here's the instrument panel in primer, no more cracks! Yay! I'm including a picture of the lock ring that I made.....not quite sure if it will work yet. The lock mechanism is at the yard. Oh well, I'll grind it up a little bit if I need to in reassembly. Maybe tomorrow I'll have it sanded and spray the rocker chip guard on it like I've done with the other panels.Name:  IMG_2754.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  95.3 KBName:  IMG_2755.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  92.2 KBName:  IMG_2756.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  82.3 KB

Thanks Brock, I just got through primering the IP. I made do off that picture above. If I need, I'll reshape it in the future.
    It's confirmed. Mine has the metal "hoop" as seen above. I wonder if the latch changed in 84 and the earlier models have the style you have.
    Brock

Idk, mine was scheduled for build in late '82. So I'm guessing an early dash thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    It's confirmed. Mine has the metal "hoop" as seen above. I wonder if the latch changed in 84 and the earlier models have the style you have.
    I wondered the same thing Brock
    Leo

I got the IP sanded and sprayed the rocker chip guard on it. Small victory, I should have it painted black Monday or Tuesday.Name:  IMG_2758.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  94.7 KBName:  IMG_2759.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  89.9 KBName:  IMG_2760.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  84.7 KB

Looking good Dave.

Good thing I don't live closer as I would be slipping you some cash to mimic some of these repairs on my car.
    Brock

Hah! It wasn't difficult to fix, just time consuming. My '86 only has a couple cracks to fix, it'll be easy.

Looking good! I'm amazed by your ingenuity. I'm really looking forward to following along to the completion of the car.
    Leo

So I was considering the next step for me in this puzzle. I really want to take off the driver's door and get after it.

Yet i haven't pulled the airbox yet.....It needs to have the new heater core and ac evaporator put in it. I already bought those parts and I also found a seal kit for it (believe it or not) that I'll be using to put it all back together.

Yeah, I guess that's what i need to do next, the airbox. In a way, I look forward to getting it home. I'm going to tear it down completely and disinfect that poor hunk of plastic. Too bad really.....another rat family forced from their home.
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 03-18-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio7d View Post
    Looking good! I'm amazed by your ingenuity. I'm really looking forward to following along to the completion of the car.
    Thanks. It seems the more I get done though, the more I'm finding to do! This year though, this is the year it will run again.

At at least I think.....have I mentioned that I already have a built .030 5.0 that is sitting on an engine stand in storage? New heads, new pistons, rods, intake, etc.., etc....That, and a rebuild kit for the T5 I have sitting in my garage and this whole project could become a tad more entertaining. Hum.....what to do, what to do....?

Thanks. It seems the more I get done though, the more I'm finding to do! This year though, this is the year it will run again.

At at least I think.....have I mentioned that I already have a built .030 5.0 that is sitting on an engine stand in storage? New heads, new pistons, rods, intake, etc.., etc....That, and a rebuild kit for the T5 I have sitting in my garage and this whole project could become a tad more entertaining. Hum.....what to do, what to do....?
    The 5.0 with the T-5 has so much more smile factor even my bone stock 84 5.0 that I did the dual exhaust conversion on never fails to put a smile on my face.
    https://youtu.be/pXdAgnQ5JOk?t=25s
    Leo

Thanks for posting that Foxchassis. That's much more helpful than the service manual. Thanks again Jeremy for the offer, if this is what you were talking about, it'll be very helpful.
    Yep, that's the one I have.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Ah, you mean i didnt have to buy it? 😩
    But yeah, that's it.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

I can take pics of my 83 tomorrow for you. Just text and remind me, as I may forget.
    803-466-4570

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    I can take pics of my 83 tomorrow for you. Just text and remind me, as I may forget.
    803-466-4570

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    will do, thanks jeremy

Name:  20170318_142156.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  84.3 KB

This is what my '83 looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by NY5speed View Post
    Name:  20170318_142156.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  84.3 KB

This is what my '83 looks like.
    That's it! Thank you. I didn't have that nice little rubber bumper, I've got to find that. That is a rubber bumper, isn't it?

Here I was thinking that was some sort of lock ring, duhhhhh
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 03-19-2017 at 06:13 PM.

No problem, I'd been meaning to post that for you for a few days now. And yes it is a rubber bumper.

I already have a built .030 5.0 that is sitting on an engine stand in storage? New heads, new pistons, rods, intake, etc.., etc....That, and a rebuild kit for the T5 I have sitting in my garage and this whole project could become a tad more entertaining.

Hum.....what to do, what to do....?
    ^^^^^ This! IMHO, if you have the drivetrain already, this would be the ultimate thing to do. I'm guessing that the 3.8 in your car currently will need a fair amount of work and funds since it has been sitting so long. I would personally save the time and money to do the conversion now, since you already have the expensive parts laying around. Just my .02.
    Brock

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast