Close

Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Default Small Find and What's For This Week

I found these on foxresto.com. Name:  IMG_0457.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  67.9 KBWhen i went to slip off my original ones, they quite literally turned to dust in my hand. They didn't look like they would do that.Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  95.0 KB
    I also got my rocker mouldings thursday evening. Name:  IMG_2657.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  60.1 KBThey're a bit rough. Here's my thoughts on them. One, i could delete them totally and grind off the studs on the rockers. Two, i can repair them. They will be painted the trim grey i've been using. If i repair them, i'll treat them like any other repair panel. I'll work the metal, i need to fill a hole in the right side's rear (i guess the clip broke for some previous owner and they just ran a screw through the moulding into the rocker). Primer it. I'll spray a good rocker guard on it (I have some at work that lays pretty smooth). Then paint it like normal and use the eggshell finish i've used on the rest of the trim.
    I'll paint the new covers black along with a few other interior trim pieces i need to paint monday. This week I'll finally get after the instrument panel.

On a side note, I'm going to replace both floor pans and the crossmember when it comes to that stage of the restoration. The left side is horrible, The right side doesn't have the large rot spots nor the cracking that the left side does. It does have lots of pin hole sized rot though. The crossmember/seat brace has too much rot as well. I'm really looking forward to doing this part. It's something that's relatively easy (especially since i have the interior gutted right now) that will have a lot of "feel good" repair to it as well.

I was wondering if the floors are bad because the t tops have been leaking all these years?? The seats don't look molded, but I know t tops are notorious for leaking.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Default Various Interior Parts

I got some of the little interior parts finished. If I can find the center emblem for the steering wheel I'll be amazed.Name:  IMG_2659.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  76.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    I got some of the little interior parts finished. If I can find the center emblem for the steering wheel I'll be amazed.
    Someone had some of those posted in the classifieds awhile back. I can't remember who it was though......

Here's one I think.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...hlight=emblems
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 02-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

I say fix the rocker moulding. It will be a nice break up of the blue paint and look good with the rest of the trim.
    Just my two cents.

I pretty much agree with you. I'm thinking I'm going to spend the next few days repairing my instrument panel and then go back to them. Here's a shot of the backing plate for the steering wheel with it's copper plated (mostly) cruise control rings back in. I thought it looked nice against the black background, not that I'll ever see them again once that steering wheel gets back on the column.Name:  IMG_2660.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  88.1 KB

FEP Super Member

My 84 has spent most all of its life outside.
    A couple of years ago , I pulled the seats and carpets , and there us not a single spot if rust.
    It is not the tops that leak , but the window to top seal .
    T-tops get a bad name from people that don't own one.
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Default Seering wheel center emblem

That one is close, i just need the center button. The one that has the shield on it. Maybe I can just glue a 1983 quarter there.
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 02-13-2017 at 07:26 PM.

FEP Super Member

My 84 has spent most all of its life outside.
    A couple of years ago , I pulled the seats and carpets , and there us not a single spot if rust.
    It is not the tops that leak , but the window to top seal .
    T-tops get a bad name from people that don't own one.
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Default Cruise Control Buttons

Anyone got a clue where i could get a new set of the steering wheel CC buttons?Name:  IMG_2386.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  92.1 KB

FEP Supporter

Ask for cruise buttons and ye shall receive cruise buttons...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-1983-TH...xRZEhF&vxp=mtr
    '85 GT

I'll be.......damn....you're good! Thank you.

FEP Supporter

I'll be.......damn....you're good! Thank you.
    If only the last three companies I sent my resume to felt the same way... lol
    '85 GT

Default More Parts

More parts paintedName:  IMG_2661.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  140.9 KB

I really hope I get to see this car in person one day when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    I really hope I get to see this car in person one day when you are done.
    Me too It feels a long way off. Though, within about one to two months, it should be in my garage and i'll make that little V6 sing again.

I keep telling myself, "i'm just going to go this far, and then I'll drive it!".

Then i find myself going a little overboard......I think I might need help.......I can't seem to think something is good enough! I GOT to drive this little car this summer! It's too cool of a mustang to delay too long. Besides, I'm working on growing my mullet. When it's ready, the car has to be ready. Van Halen blasting away, "Running with the devil". T-tops off, cooler full of Olympia beer.....I'll pretend i'm in my twenties again.

Mind you, I spent the eighties in the Army, I never had a mullet. I did have a high and tight for most of those years though. If I could just convince my wife to have one of those puffy hair does from then, I'll make Joe Dirt look like an amateur.

Mmmmm, Olympia beer!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Mmmmm, Olympia beer!

Mike
    Lol

Sorry about the slow down in progress guys. Work got busy finally.

This is good though, i need to make some money! I got some floor pans to purchase.

This is about all i'll get done today. I'm going to paint my new handles and lock cylinders. I can slip them in with a customer car.Name:  IMG_2662.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  110.4 KB

Default Door Handle and Lock Cylinders

Nothing overly exciting, I snuck the door handles and lock cylinders with a truck I was painting.Name:  IMG_2664.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  90.7 KB

Nothing overly exciting, I snuck the door handles and lock cylinders with a truck I was painting.Name:  IMG_2664.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  90.7 KB
    Fresh painted parts alway excite me, even if it is just handles and lock cylinders! Very nice work. I have a 2010 GT in Kona Blue, I can't wait to see your car when its finished!

Quote Originally Posted by dwbarnes View Post
    Fresh painted parts alway excite me, even if it is just handles and lock cylinders! Very nice work. I have a 2010 GT in Kona Blue, I can't wait to see your car when its finished!
    Me too! I can't wait to get it home! I'm really looking forward to getting it home. Silly as it may sound, i'm really looking forward to replacing the floor boards and cross member. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

For anyone that may doubt it, i absolutely love doing this stuff. Figuring out how to repair different parts of this car, or the search for parts to replace trashed out parts.....Lord help me, it's fun! If i weren't so old I would do this for a living. That's ok though, I have enough children that at least one of them will be successful enough to provide for me.....Lol.

Me too! I can't wait to get it home! I'm really looking forward to getting it home. Silly as it may sound, i'm really looking forward to replacing the floor boards and cross member. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    When?!? Most of us can't wait either!

Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast