Close

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1501

That's the easy way out! Come ON!!! Cut one out of donor vehicle and then weld that into your Fox! That's American!!!!!

Would love to do the same for my RS, but that's $$ that needs to go into other things.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    That's the easy way out! Come ON!!! Cut one out of donor vehicle and then weld that into your Fox! That's American!!!!!

Would love to do the same for my RS, but that's $$ that needs to go into other things.
    Lol, maybe the pan was made from imported American steel?

BIG news for me. I got the wife’s Ok with putting Booger into the garage!

I hope to have it in the garage by this weekend, it really depends on when my buddy can loan me his trailer.

It’s about to get real fun again! The engine bay will be first.

Sure, I might accept the possibility that I might have some untended issues.........

So I was going to sand down the stripe area of the hood today and get it shot with some semi-gloss clear. Then I started looking at the paint line between the green and grey. It was just too pronounced.

What I did instead of semi-gloss was to take some 800 grit sandpaper and a block and blocked the edge smooth and put one more coat of clear on it.Name:  IMG_4209.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  65.9 KBName:  IMG_4210.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  74.1 KB

I promise, only a couple,more pictures of this hood. I'll try to fit in the semi-gloss on the grey tomorrow. THEN! Hopefully you won't have to see it until the new engine is in and needs to have a hood over it.

I've already mentioned this, but I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve. I'LL BE BRINGING BOOGER HOME TO THE GARAGE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!

It's been almost two years since I found my little jewel.

I'm dying to get after that engine bay. As a reminder to what it looks like right now.Name:  IMG_3594.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  119.1 KB Wait till you see what it looks like in my brain right now!

Good Lord I love this stuff!!!

That engine bay and frame rails looks remarkably rust-free.

And the gloss on the hood, doesn't look like it even needs a cut / buff.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

The right frame rail has issues that you'll get to see in the upcoming week. I bought the frame rail replacement off of LMR for this job.

I've decided to bring Booger home on Monday. I'm going to spend the weekend scrubbing out my garage. I want the garage to be fairly neat and clean before the old boy gets in there.

There's a sweet spot in my paint booth that produces remarkably clean paint jobs, that's where I've been shooting my parts. The hood,only has a couple nibs in it. I'll take those out in that great someday that the car is reassembled.

The next thing you'll see painted will be the engine bay up through the windshield frame. I've already got the ok from my manager for when Booger is ready. I'm thinking the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Thanks for the positive vote on the color guys.

i just spent the day in Dallas with Jonathan, he’s a member here, just not sure of his screen name. He has an ‘84 t-top coupe with an original 5.0 in it. He bought my sc engine for another project he has. Kenny’s Burgers is the place to go in Dallas, btw.

he said there were a couple threads here that had guys removing the t-top brace. I’m going to have to look them up. I really want to do this. The roof rust goes up and underneath the bracing. I got to remove that rust.

Hopefully next weekend you guys will see me having my car in my garage.
    Dave, I've really enjoyed talking with you when you were here and following along on the progress on your car. It's looking great and the next 3 months will bring it great leaps forward. That SC engine should turn the old MGB into a helluva fast car too.

Quote Originally Posted by slow84lx View Post
    Dave, I've really enjoyed talking with you when you were here and following along on the progress on your car. It's looking great and the next 3 months will bring it great leaps forward. That SC engine should turn the old MGB into a helluva fast car too.
    Hey! There's Jonathan! I hope the sc engine works for your MGB.

I can't wait to start working on the body. Today though I start cleaning the garage to bring him home. I literally will be scrubbing the garage down. I got some cheap powder laundry soap to help with the removal of oil stains and other spills in the garage. Just so y'all know, a powdered laundry detergent works wonderfully on cleaning most stains off a concrete pad. You just make a powdered detergent/water slurry out of it and let it soak on the stains for about fifteen minutes, then it'll scrub right off. I don't know why a liquid detergent doesn't work as well, but it doesn't.

It's been great meeting up with you in Dallas the last couple of months Jonathan, maybe you could squeak out a tulsa visit sometime in the next three months to see what a ratty assed version of your beautiful little coupe looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    It's been great meeting up with you in Dallas the last couple of months Jonathan, maybe you could squeak out a tulsa visit sometime in the next three months to see what a ratty assed version of your beautiful little coupe looks like!
    Same here Dave. I'll take you up on that invitation and plan a Tulsa trip in July to see Booger.

Very cool, I should be hip deep in the floorpan replacement then.

Booger is home! Yippee!Name:  0B80658F-118A-4ED6-9391-58AD624E8E1B.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  101.5 KBName:  99ADA2EC-7563-475B-8DE5-3287A15B3D66.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  113.2 KB

Booger looks right at home like he belongs there!

Quote Originally Posted by slow84lx View Post
    Booger looks right at home like he belongs there!
    I tried to tell my wife that very thing Jonathan!

I did get some stuff done today beyond getting Booger home. I got it up on jackstands, woohoo!Name:  IMG_4221.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  85.2 KB

I forgot a spring compressor so I had a really exciting time removing them.....Still got all eleven fingers and no major bruising.

I wanted to get the engine cradle completely dropped tonight, but, I had two bolts that really didn't want to see things my way. Mr Intelligent here didn't think to bring home a breaker bar.Name:  IMG_4225.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  76.6 KB One on each side

I did get the sway bar dropped....woohoo?
    Name:  IMG_4227.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  96.8 KB
    I also wanted to get the brakes completely out, but not until the cradle is out. It's just too messy with it in the way.

So tomorrow I'll bring home a breaker bar and get that filthy cradle dropped. Then I'll completely remove everything else form the eb.

After it's emptied I'll spray some serious degreaser and scrub the crap out of the eb and then begin the repairs. I've got some really cool things i'll be doing at that stage. I'll tell you about them as the time comes. Frame rail first.

This car is an unlikely and therefore very cool save.

Believe it or not stock V8 springs on a factory K with everything else in place will not come out of the pocket with the A arm at full droop without some serious persuasion. that means entire K members including springs can get dropped all at once. Always a good idea setting up something to retain them in the control arm just incase but the replacement K member I sourced for my 86 certainly hasn’t been willing to cough up springs in the miles it was hauled or the times it has been moved unwillingly.

bets are off the moment you remove steering or swaylinks, etc

Super easy one hand way to move a k-member with everything on it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by erratic50; 06-12-2018 at 01:15 AM.

That dolly is a very good idea, I just have a couple furniture dollies at home I was going to set it on and wheel it out though. I think it’ll work.

Ok, really, really the last picture of the hood for a very long time. I got the satin finish sprayed on the grey.Name:  50B61533-232F-4BC1-A8AB-82075B2A7D51.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  51.3 KB
    And one with the scoop setting on it.Name:  617D767A-D145-4D82-AF86-A98A4D15A514.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  58.8 KB

Ok, Ok, just a couple more pictures of the hood. I finally brought the hood home to put into storage upstairs. Before I hauled it up there I thought I would set it on Booger to give myself some inspiration for the future.Name:  IMG_4237.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  66.2 KBName:  IMG_4239.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  92.6 KB

What'd I do tonight, you might ask.

I made this pile hereName:  IMG_4250.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  119.2 KB

From this pile hereName:  IMG_4247.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  108.4 KBName:  IMG_4248.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  113.0 KB

I didn't get the brake booster pulled yet, I'm saving that for tomorrow. I'm planning on pulling the rest of the wiring harness, than taking out the automatic pedal assembly (btw, if you have an extra manual pedal assembly you are willing to part with, PM me please). Out will come the booster at that stage.

Then will come the great cleaning of the engine bay. It's amazing how dirty it's not after pulling the engine and dropping the cradle. Those two items made it look like hell!

I'm getting a really good look at the right frame rail now with everything out of the way. I'm glad I have a whole new one. It's strange how nice the original left one is in comparison to the passenger side.

I don't know if I can really recommend this to anyone, but GEEZ! It sure is easy to work in the engine bay with no radiator support in the way, lol.

One small preview of upcoming events.Name:  IMG_4249.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  109.4 KB

Great progress. It's so much nicer working in an empty engine bay....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

But a full engine bay is nice too.

Lol, true that Ed.

Boy that brings back memories of the long road to climb. I had to heat my cradle bolts with a torch and still took a breaker bar. I've got a 3 pedal bracket if you can't get one closer... and you are right I banged my head several times on the rad support going in and out while I was working in there
    Last edited by 2nd chance cobra; 06-13-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Dave, I've got a manual pedal setup out of a '95 GT. It's yours at no cost if you want it. I can't recall what the differences are between it and our early foxes but there are some differences.

Jonathan

I held one out of a 94. The short answer is it doesn't work. Now, Dave I'm sure you could make it it you were inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    I held one out of a 94. The short answer is it doesn't work. Now, Dave I'm sure you could make it it you were inclined.
    Thanks Shane, I’ll PM you.

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast