Close

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1501

Ok y’all. I know you haven’t heard much from me.

I’m getting a divorce. I’m selling my house too. I will keep Booger though. It could be anywhere from a month to a year before I’m back into the build though.

Yesterday I put the suspension back under the car. I ended up cutting out three coils from the front springs to make them go in easily. As a reminder, I will be putting an entire MM front suspension, so these springs don’t matter much.Name:  746C8BC7-98A5-48D6-806B-18CB0A1209FE.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  124.1 KB

The front went in pretty easy. I got the steering shaft and column all hooked up and put in the new third pedal assembly. I also put the driver’s seat in just to make it easier for whomever will be doing the steering while the rest of us push.Name:  C6960CBB-6AB2-4D82-B1ED-99D95521B789.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  129.4 KB

I also got the IRS mostly attached, that was way easier than I thought it would be. I still need to put a bolt through the rear mounts just to hold it up (hence the jack for right now)Name:  32B36311-4DD9-43DE-B44F-28173B46E1EA.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  94.5 KB

Here it is on the ground again with my son’s old five lug wheels on the rear.[ATTACH]125170[/ATTACH

I keep forgetting how to pay for more pictures, I’m due. Trey, help remind me please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

DUDE! I am Sorry to hear about you pending divorce. That really sucks!

Hopefully things go as well as can be and once that is over you can get back to enjoying some time with Booger!

As for contributing to the site please use this link: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

I would also recommend sending a PM to Foxchassis once you have made your donation and give him the details. I know there have been some delays or issues with the notifications. That way he can make sure your supporter status goes thru. Take care and best of luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks Trey

These challenging times will pass and you will have new beginnings that will bring new blessings. Stay focused

FEP Super Member

To the new bathroom caused this divorce ?
    Sorry to hear .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    To the new bathroom caused this divorce ?
    Sorry to hear .
    Lol, no, that just made me regret spending the money and time on that room. Maybe not too much though if it gets me more money for the house.

Well, Booger is back in the storage unit.

Here he is sitting sadly on the trailer. Oops, my money has been deemed good yet, no pictures for now.

We had an offer on our house. It was officially listed two days ago, not bad. It was a bit low ball, but not so much that we won't counteroffer. We'll get that out tomorrow. Don't wish to appear too anxious.

So this thread isn't dead, just not much happening for awhile. I'll post when I buy some new parts and things like that. I should be buying the MM front end in the spring. The dust will settle and I'll be back after Booger though. Sorry about the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Well, Booger is back in the storage unit.

Here he is sitting sadly on the trailer. Oops, my money has been deemed good yet, no pictures for now.

We had an offer on our house. It was officially listed two days ago, not bad. It was a bit low ball, but not so much that we won't counteroffer. We'll get that out tomorrow. Don't wish to appear too anxious.

So this thread isn't dead, just not much happening for awhile. I'll post when I buy some new parts and things like that. I should be buying the MM front end in the spring. The dust will settle and I'll be back after Booger though. Sorry about the delay.
    Sorry to hear that. But this too will pass. No reason to be sorry. We all have to deal with life's issues. "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" I remind myself of that often . . . . Very Often.

The great thing about cars is they will wait patiently until we have time to get back to them, no matter how long. Deal with all you have going on and update when you have the time and the desires. Take care and best of luck!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

If there is a bright side of your situation it'll be that you should have plenty of free time on your hands later. I hope it's quick and as painless as possible for you.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Here's an update for y'all.

My spouse is not "repenting" from her decisions, The divorce is full fledged on. I don't know how many of you have been through this little funhouse of time, but it'll probably be spring before the courts allow finality of this broken relationship.

The bright side is I rented a house for the next year until I can find the house I'll finish growing old and dying in, lol.

The rent is super cheap, $700 per month. It has three bedrooms, so my boys will be going with me. Though, sadly, my sweet baby girl (16 now) will be staying with her mother.

So why is this rental so cheap? Sure, it's an older house (built in '55). That doesn't really explain the low rental fee. It seems that last July the previous renter murdered his wife and then killed himself there. For some reason no one seemed to be interested in renting it.......

I don't want to belittle the situation, it really is sad. The couple had two small children. I found a small toy car in the house, kind of breaks my heart. It makes me really sad for those kids, not to mention the parents. They were in their mid thirties. I have a 33 year old son. Pretty tragic.

Oddly enough, I didn't know why the rent was so cheap when I first noticed this place so I went to look at it. The realtor told me all about the place, then at the end he got serious and asked me if a murder/suicide would effect my decision to rent the place. I don't know why it hit my funny bone so freaking hard, but it made me chuckle a bit.

I thought it might be challenging to get my daughter visit me it me in the first place, throw in your average murder/suicide and I was thinking i would only have memories of that pretty little girl. So I mentioned it to her about the "issue" at the rental.

Anyone want to guess what she said? "Dad! You HAVE to get the house!"...........................I'm figuring something from her mother's side of the family............

So the kids have given the house an endearing name.........................The Murder House.

So I've now rented The Murder House (TMH to save time).

Anywho, I've been getting the utilities hooked up at the house and had to take the afternoon off work to be there for the gas company. I've got heat now!

I wish I could give you a description of the smell coming from those vents (nothing to do with the m/s). There must be a metric ton of mouldy dust in the furnace with an extra half ton in the ducts. I called the landlord, next week the furnace will be cleaned and the ducts will be sanitized.

My lease agreement doesn't allow for me to work on a car there. Sure I can change oil, do brakes, change out my son's bushings on his mustang......but no major fabrication.

This project is dead for about a year.

It doesn't prevent me from buying parts though! I'll be at least buying my MM front end. I also will be buying a nifty little acetylene torch kit from HF in about a month.

Here's a last goodbye picture of Booger. This is right before he got put away in the storage unit.Ooops, still haven't been approved for more pictures yet.

Good Update Dave!

Glad to hear things are going well at least in the areas you have some control over. Hope things continue to work out.

Your TMH really gave me a chuckle too. Funny how kids see things different than us old farts do and different than we expect. I completely understand as my girls are the same way.

Sorry you can't do any major work on Booger. Hopefully something will work out and you can keep moving forward on it as much as possible.

As for the picture limit issue, I would send a PM to Foxchassis and see if he can help you out in that regard. Take Care!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks for sharing such personal parts of your life. It’s uplifting to learn how important your kids are to you. It may not seem like it now but the situation will right itself and have a positive vibe just once you round the corner. As for Booger, maybe there is another member here that is close to you that can rent you some space to store and work on your car?

I dunno what your going through, but because I know you and your good deeds. Kia Kaha.

Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure.

A blood car is different to a TMH. IMHO, You can't really sanctify a car that has done a "Christine" on its owner.

A house on the other hand can always get a mezuzah or be exorcised (personal opinion, yrmv, yadda yadda)

I'm adopted, and my wife and I were invited to come stay at the family home up North. Where the same thing had happened. She explained that if we were unhappy, we could stay else-ware, and they had off site other accommodation.

We loved the place, by, YRMV...

Hang in there.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouraging words.

I'm not much of a ghost guy. I experienced some very violent things years ago and am not too worried about a murder/suicide. I am sad for those poor kids that will live with it for the rest of their lives and the parents of the couple. They're probably about my age. My heart breaks for them.

We were supposed to get snow here today, that fell through. So I'm going to hopefully get all the crap in my garage moved over there this weekend.

You know, Im really excited now about what's coming up. I just need to make it through the next three weeks of unloading the house I'm in and the soon to be ex and then I start a new life.

If there is justice in this world, you’ll trade her in for a newer higher performing model. One that appreciates a fellow that knows how to do stuff men do, and finds Booger as exciting as we all do.

Thats not to say there is not happiness in being on your own. I was very happy from 93-97 when I was completely on my own. Was very difficult to spend ALL my money on fun with friends, one car, many tickets, a few women, and lots of booze..... but with some dedication it IS possible.

Hell - I didn’t even spend much on upgrades to Trigger....

Well, it's been a little bit.

First off, selling my old house was easy and a pita at the same time. We accepted an offer five days after we listed it and were supposed to close on the 31st of December. Turns out the new owners got an fha loan and the government did it's partial shutdown on the 28th. Guess which part of the government covers fha loans?

So last thursday we finally closed on that 800lb gorilla.

I've been living in the murder house for a couple months and have no incidents to report. Seems any ghost has pity on me after my marriage, lol.

Here's a new thing or two for y'all. First, I've decided to use the logic I was taught in the Army and proceed to bring Booger here and work on him until someone says that I shouldn't be doing that.

In about two, maybe three weeks Booger will be freed from the forced cold storage and put in the itty bitty garage here. Luckily he's an itty bitty car.

My living brother said I could use his TIG welder for as long as I wanted. Woohoo! The colder weld abilities of the TIG will come in handy. I've decided to go ahead with the flaring of the quarter panels at least. Something along the lines of Maier flares and a slight mix of Capri styling.

I'll only be flaring a total total of two inches, but that'll allow 315's along with the IRS.

I am so stoked about working on Booger again!

The first thing will be to weld in the passenger side chassis support, then off to the quarter panels!

Here's a couple pictures to remind y'all of the general look I'm after.

My money isn't good here, I'll have to send a pm to foxchassis to get the permission to download these images.

Pictures later.

Dave,

Glad to see you're alive and kicking! Congrats on finally getting the house sold and not being on an episode of Paranormal Investigations!

Good luck with Booger and I am sure you will enjoy getting some good ole' Garage Time! Hope you stay under the radar!

Let Foxchassis know about the supporter status issue and hopefully he can get you taken care of quickly so we can enjoy the photos.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks Trey.

I sent foxchassis a pm.

Glad to hear you are bringing Booger home. I have been patiently waiting to follow the new progress!

Glad you are able to get things moving forward.

It's funny Dave. I was j the st thinking about you about a week ago. I was missing seeing the work you do. Glad to hear things are looking up.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

You and your IRS and 315s. My IRS is setting me back almost $3k this year and I don't mean the rear end. Boy did I have a huge miscalculation when I went from being a W2 to 1099 earner last March. I would be screwed even $500 more if this wasn't the year I can claim my son!

I know things are looking up Dave! You sold the house. You're going to get to work on Booger. And hopefully be back to regular progress pics.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Funny, just getting back into diving into this site again and thought about Booger. Glad to see that you'll be able to work on him!
    Ray

1986 Mustang "Frankenstang" '03 IRS 3.8 CFI
    1997 Crown Victoria, partially Grand Marquis

Dave, the inventor of Booger Gold.

BOOGER IS SUCH A B-A-A-A-A-D word.

So as a fellow Box Head with a quorum of me, thee and drew, with the power invested in us all, let us now officially rename it "Little Green Kermit Riding 1157s White Ranger" Gold.

LGKRWR Gold 1157.

"https://s1373.photobucket.com/user/mike1157/media/temporary_zps403d4ea2.jpg"

Sorry it's taking me so long to update.

The divorce and getting set up on my own again has taken me longer than I expected.

One of the things I did is to accept a new job. My previous "new" job turned out to be a bust. While it had the best management I've experienced in a bodyshop in years, it also was terribly slow. No money to be made there.

The new job is with a buddy of mine that I've known for years that got tired of being a bodyman and bought his own shop. The shop is in Sapulpa Oklahoma. There are only two bodyshops there. It's been years since I could say this, but there's more work there than I can do!

I believe I've mentioned my newly found reason to be nuts, haven't I? TIG welding. Well, what has that got to do with a new job? A corvette.

Yep, I'm going to dredge up a corvette in my thread.

Why the vette? Well, when I got to my new job, they had an '81 corvette that supposedly had all of the bodywork done and it just needed a paint job. It had been sitting there for over a year waiting for paint.

The supposed "bodymen" that repaired it left a lot to be desired. They put bondo over cracked fiberglass! I swear to god! So I ended up doing a crapload of FG repair, I hate FG repair. I itched for several days after i fixed all the cracks properly.

I told them they needed a paint job and I needed a specific TIG welder. They agreed! So I finished the vette a couple weeks ago and they ordered my new welder last wednesday.

Anyhow, here's the offensive GM item spoken of. Crap, I still can't download pictures. How hard is it?

This will be a long boring update without visuals, sorry. I did my part and donated money to this site. I tried contacting the correct people about it too, no joy.

Well, no pictures, I got the vette painted and it turned out really nice except in a vomit tan sort of color.

The new welder will do DC pulse welding. This is important to me for welding thin metal.

BTW, it's an Everlast 210EXT. It's chinese but has really great reviews. I'll be getting a couple CK torches to use with it.

I wanted to play with it for a couple weeks before I bring Booger to the Murder House. I want the rest of my welding to be TIG on it.

So, soon I'll have mustang updates. Probably no pictures though I gave more than just Donor status. Maybe that'll clear up soon too.

All said, I should really be after it all again soon.

Another BTW. I've decided I just can't do the flaring of the quarters. If this were just a regular coupe, maybe. So I'll be fine with the 265-275 tires for the rear.

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast