So, my brother.

This morning the oncologist finally looked at the ctscan. He didn’t have a stroke.

The cancer, despite the chemo and radiation therapy, grew.

He has a large brain tumor. The doctor says he has a zero chance of survival. They’re giving him some sort of steroid treatment right now to reduce the swelling of his brain. He might regain some cognitive abilities. I hope it will allow him one last chance to tell his son that he loves him.

His son has been just spectacular through all this. He’s been paying all the bills, feeding and cleaning my brother and just all around caring for him.

My my nephew and I got to spend a couple hours together yesterday. He needs my support. I will do anything I can for that boy, though he’s 35 now and not so much a boy anymore.

Funny as we get older, he still looks up to me. He’s got his life going so well. Yet he still wants to be with his uncle David. Kind of humbling.

I’ve been through many deaths in my lifetime, grandparents, parents, a number of friends, one of my sisters. This is the most difficult for me. Larry is my oldest brother (12 Years). As a kid back in the sixties and into the seventies I almost looked at him as a superhero. Now the doctor says my hero will die soon.

I’m sad.