Close

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

You could always drop the blower and put some hair dryers on that beeotch. Probably be easier to package all in with the room between the engine and radiator on a V-6. It would truly then be closer to a Buick 3.8. Back in the mid 90's we would take our 455 Regal to Bowling Green for the GS Nationals. I remember the hordes of black cars. And guys like Lawrence Conley. He had a teal V-6 Regal race car that would run in the 8's. One year he drove a GN from Humble TX and I think ran a 10.30 or 10.40. And had receipts to show he got 24.1 mpg on the way! Our methanol injected 455 sucked down about 3.5 gallons of methanol driving it to the staging lanes, making a 10.20 pass and driving back to the trailer!!!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I've got a m112 blower off of a 03-04 cobra if you are interested in stepping up in blower size. Would have to be a custom fitment, but I think you are up to the challenge.

Jess
    Currently own;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    Previously owned;
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Having spent 126000 miles behind a GM 3800 between 1993 and 2000, and being a Cleveland man since year dot, I see the Essex 90 as a delicate elchemy of the two engines.

SC 3800 or Carb/CFi 3.8, there's no big advantage in small size with the V6, as it has the front cover lengthened and the oil pump external, so all the advantages of the smaller bore spacings and lack of 2 cylinders evaporates real quick.

It was all pared away with those two Buick like inclusions.

The fan shroud on the I6 and V8 are the same, but on the 3.8 its a few inches deeper, but most of that is from the missing 182 thou between the bores, although the left and right bank aren't half a cylinder appart, unlike any other Detroit engine ever made as far as I can tell.

Very unique splay with the smaller bore

Here is the Essex 90 4.48" Motorsport block, made in the same Canadian Essex foundary transfer line as the 4.193.

It starts off so well.....stripped down, all "E's" have the same great looking compact block....

After you slug the timing gear cover and distributor and oil pump drive, it starts to get big real quick.

It then quickly becomes like Pinocchio's nose.

Its Cleveland style tall too, much taller than the 5.0.

Hey - bring on the Cleveland!

I tried to get to the donor car Friday, but the yard owner's grandson had a seizure, so he watched the rest of his grandkids so his daughter could be at the hospital.

Hopefully this week I'll get some photos of it.

I think I'm pretty well settled on the idea of the sc engine. I had wanted a 351 before, but knowing my personality, that would have spiraled out of control and the next thing I would probably remember is how I would hook up the parachute system.....

"Give a mouse a cookie......would start happening. I guess something like that could happen with the sc, but it's a little less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    I think I'm pretty well settled on the idea of the sc engine. I had wanted a 351 before, but knowing my personality, that would have spiraled out of control and the next thing I would probably remember is how I would hook up the parachute system.....

"Give a mouse a cookie......would start happening. I guess something like that could happen with the sc, but it's a little less likely.
    Oh....it can happen with the SC also. Everything you need to get the most out of it is a point and click away at Super Coupe Performance.

I have almost thought about doing this swap in my Ranger when it's time to start its build into a runner. Something different is cool!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post

Lastly, I thought I looked good with the box......

Well, yeah, there's a good image starting thur Dave, but I thought you might do better with one of these

Hopefully not too over the top. You could add one way glass with a Xylene Wash and Wipe system for the Booth spray back....

Lol, VERY nice!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829