Close

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

FB71 summed it up perfectly. Dave I'll keep your wife in my thoughts and prayers for her continued recovery. And will also keep you and the rest of your family in there also for the continued strength and resolve to see your way through.

Ok, my wife is doing remarkable. She actually can get up and cook for herself now. Totally the Grace of God.

I'm doing something with the car again. I can't upload pictures until I get another $20 in. So you'll just have to trust me on what I'm saying until that's taken care of.

To start off with, I've had too much time to look at the color of my car. I just don't like the Kona Blue.

I'm changing colors, seriously.

It kind of started with an idea I had about getting an antenna nub to put on the roof and delete the one from the right fender. So last week I drug the right fender back to the shop and smoothed the hole. I'll post pictures with detail information on it when I'm able to.

I really liked the red of the '86 I had. That was my brother's favorite color too. It's 3R1, a toyota color. Kind of a tribute color now for me since my brother will never be able to ride with me.

I'll post pictures as I repaint everything. I'm keeping the dark grey for the trim, I think it'll look good on it.

I almost was going to go with the green I used for the GLX on the hood. Plus I haven't actually changed the color of anything yet, I could still go green. All I have done was to smooth the antenna hole, primer and block and reprimer it. I have to know the color by monday, that's when I can order the paint from our paint jobber. Sikkens said they would give me whatever I need, so yay for me there.

Another change. My brother had a 351 b&s'd out to a 408. I might put this in the car as well. My sister in law is selling all of his mustang stuff and I'm trying to get that from her. I'll pay her more than any guy that might come out.

Thats another one of those things I want to do because it has attachment to my brother.

I decided a color change is ok with this car. It's not a super low mileage keepsake. It really is a rusted out, high mileage old fox that was about to completely return to nature. It'll be a really nice 4i'd fox when I'm done though. I really love this car.

Hopefully this doesn't irritate you guys too much.

Irritate? Any color but pink!

Mike

Sorry to have missed activity on this thread!

Sad to hear of your wife’s stroke. Glad to hear she’s getting along.

There will be some sunshine ahead.
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Your car, paint it whatever you like. I did think that blue was beautiful though. The 408 will be great fun in the car. It's great to hear that your wife is on the mend.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Glad to hear your wife is coming along.
    Loved the blue but say yay for the red as a tribute to your brother. The 408 will be cool but now you'll have to find something else to put the V6 in your working on.

I vote green, but I am partial.Name:  staged.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  7.9 KB
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Hey all, stuff has been happening, I'll update with pictures as soon as I can donate again.

Would someone mind helping me out, i forgot how I donated before.

Some serious changes and additions to tell y'all about. BTW, it's not going to be red.

Plus this weekend will be a major change for the car as well. I got quite a deal on something. It'll be a fairly involved modification, not like a four wheel drive mod by any means, but pretty extensive.

I'll be bringing the car home to my garage in about two months, new floor pan, subframe rail, sfc's and other stuff.

Like I was saying, as soon as I can donate some cash, I'll show and tell everything going on.

Glad to hear things are happening for you.

Hopefully this will help you with contributions.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...t=contribution
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks Trey.

First post with a picture, i don't have a lot of time right this minute, so here's the new color.Name:  IMG_3960.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  92.0 KB
    I'll start posting more a little later on.

Can I have your old Kona Blue paint!?

I will have to wait to see the new color on some body work before I can decide.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Ok, this whole color thing got started when I had a brain storm (maybe a brain fart) that i would like to get an antenna nub that goes on the roof. So I needed to smooth the right fender. So that's what I did.Name:  IMG_3918.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  106.4 KB

Well, of course I'll have to repainted it, right? I started thinking......I had two paint manufacturers offering me whatever I need to do bodywork and paint the car......I've always liked this green since I first shot it. I know it's not a real popular color, I've only shot it four or five times in the past several years. It just triggers me for some reason. I can see in my mind's eye the whole car painted this color.

Anyhow, I've painted two parts so far. Obviously the smoothed right fenderName:  IMG_3969.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  80.0 KBName:  IMG_3978.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  41.3 KB
    and the front bumper.Name:  IMG_3992.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  84.8 KBName:  IMG_3994.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  91.7 KB
    As you can see I'm still using the grey accent color, I like it with it.

I have the hood in the shop right now and will probably shoot the jamb side tomorrow.

It'll probably be a few days before the next post, I'm going to be real busy. A good portion of the time will be for stuff for the car. Stuff I'm really, really excited about. I'll show you more probably Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Can I have your old Kona Blue paint!?

I will have to wait to see the new color on some body work before I can decide.
    Jeez Trey, let me tell you about the color.

So the jobber wants a paint code for what I want, then they'll mix me a gallon unreduced, right?

What the jobber doesn't know is that Chrysler is real bad about retiring a color and then using the old code on a new color. So they mixed a gallon of the wrong color for me.

The regular price for that one mistake gallon was $985.00! Now it's going to sit and go bad.

Then they mixed the correct color for me that I showed in that picture above.

So, I have about one reduced gallon of Kona Blue, one unreduced gallon of kind of a blue-greenish grey, and now a gallon of what's called Rescue Green Metallic.

Hey Trey, you're in Texas, right?

Im heading down to Waco Saturday to pick up something cool for the car and then stopping by in Plano for burgers and beers with some mustang guys I know there. If you're in the DFW area, you're welcome to join us.

Not scientific but dump them together. 2 gallons of blue.

2003 Falcon BA Acid Rush!

Its a Cortina/Taunus color,

modelled off the 1969-1974 Maserati Ghibli promo car

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Not scientific but dump them together. 2 gallons of blue.
    Since I have so much leftover paint I did try little experiments mixing them just to see if that would trip my trigger. Not so much....

BTW, if anyone wants that first mix that wasn't the correct color, you're welcome to it. It's not a bad color, just not what I wanted. Here's a picture of it, it's the gallon on the right.Name:  IMG_0811.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  112.0 KB

It's unreduced so it would easily be enough paint for a complete fox body car.
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 04-20-2018 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Jeez Trey, let me tell you about the color.

So the jobber wants a paint code for what I want, then they'll mix me a gallon unreduced, right?

What the jobber doesn't know is that Chrysler is real bad about retiring a color and then using the old code on a new color. So they mixed a gallon of the wrong color for me.

The regular price for that one mistake gallon was $985.00! Now it's going to sit and go bad.

Then they mixed the correct color for me that I showed in that picture above.

So, I have about one reduced gallon of Kona Blue, one unreduced gallon of kind of a blue-greenish grey, and now a gallon of what's called Rescue Green Metallic.

Hey Trey, you're in Texas, right?

Im heading down to Waco Saturday to pick up something cool for the car and then stopping by in Plano for burgers and beers with some mustang guys I know there. If you're in the DFW area, you're welcome to join us.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude! Just not a big fan of some of the what I call "pea soup greens" these days. I have to admit that if it was Lime Green/Kawasaki Green I would be all over it! With that said, I do like it better on the body work. I also do like the contrast between the dark grey and the green. I am sure it will be cool, look great, and be one of kind when you are done!

I completely understand the color code/mix issues. I am still dealing with some of that with the correct 85/86 charcoal grey on the Saleen clone down here. In brand it's pretty good and another was WAY OFF! Oh well the joys of painting!

Well of course you will be in Waco and DFW tomorrow. I am actually headed to DFW in just a few minutes to go buy a new car for my middle daughter. Not what I wanted to do, but the things we do for our kids.

My parents live here in Round Rock which is about 1.5 hours south of Waco. So what are you picking up in Waco!?
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

An ‘03 Cobra IRS

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    An ‘03 Cobra IRS
    Like this.....

IMHO

The Pea Green thing is a psychology major issue.

On any thing over 14 years old, if its a domestic car, it'll be coveted and make people Green with Envy.

In 1978, Porsche had done a lot of work on three shades of green, and this one was a very strong dark horse in ratings

Fords color chart was sadly very conservative on the metalic green side, because the choices back then weren't durable from a paint care perspective. In fact, not untill Nissans clear over base and the later water suspension paint process did the green huges get a shot of pizzaz.. The Iso cyanates for two pack were really exepensive, and the West German paint producers weren't able to make it last in a good Death Valley heat wave. So Ford opted out of the LSD Pschodellic shades of Green, Brown and Bronze that Toyota has gone into with the bland Camry and RAV4's. They "sexed" them up to make up for the gray slurry sh!+ boombs they were trying to hogg off to the public. That dark green hue looks simply awesome on a Italian style hard lined car like the square 79-93 Mustang Coupes...and the insanely large Fox T roof glass areas lighten the brooding, bulbus nature of that same kind of color has on a 928 or 928S, 928S#

So I drug this home from Waco todayName:  IMG_4017.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  99.5 KBName:  IMG_4019.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  104.6 KB

Its from a 2003 Cobra. I might get the steering rack as well. I'll be going back down there in two weeks, I'll hopefully be picking it up then. The current owner is going to pull it and check the numbers on it to be sure it's a real Cobra rack.

New User

Great find, my brother wants one for his 88 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, more than a 4cyl TurboCoupe, he got a nice complete running 98 Mark 8, and picked up a tko trans, still collecting parts

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Nice IRS dude.

Back to the Green Fairmont Thang...

I think Mustang Marty's 1979 Mustang Coupe's Jade Green Metallic 5.0 color was a direct hit

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Marty View Post
    My coupe had some 14" mesh wheels when I bought it. The tires were 215/60R14

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Marty View Post
    After a business trip and a cold, I finally got back to the coupe. Here is how it sits as of last night. The strut was blown on this side as well. I didn't bother removing it from the spindle this time and remove the arm, spindle, brake, and strut as an assembly. The arm bolts were a little more difficult this time and proved a bit too much for my electric impact. My breaker bar with half of my racing jack's handle was the leverage that I needed. After reading the horror stories, I'm glad that I didn't need to cut them. I should be able to start cleanup and assembly on Saturday. There actually some nice green paint under that dirt.

Here is the rear end that I picked up a month ago after its initial hit with the power washer. It cleaned up nicely. I went back and forth about painting it. After a couple of hours with a rag and brake cleaner, I decided to paint it the same color that I painted the spindles. I had to buy new backing plates (best price was Tasca Ford in R.I.) since whomever got to the rear before me snagged them. At least the left the calipers since those were worth $120 in core charges.

In between my cold and lack of free time, I painted and put together it all together. Just about ready to slide in.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Kona Blue was OK, but these new colors are incredible!

Here’s something for anyone that’s got a good analytical brain.

Think of anything that might cause issues for me trying to do both of the following things. I believe I can do it, I need to start measuring now though before I start cutting.

i want to mini-tub and have an IRS. Biggest problems I see are the need for a custom swaybar and custom wheels. Backspacing numbers ought to be pretty incredible.

Later this week I should be ordering the new floorpan, crossbrace, right front subframe and a couple other things finally.

i hope to have the wife buttered up enough for me to pull the car into to the garage for about a three month stay as I redo practically everything on level or below the floorpan.

Anyone have experience with HF plasma cutters? I want to use one for all the stuff that needs swapping, I just can’t imagine spending a lot for the cutter itself since I really won’t use it much after this part of the project.

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast