Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GtTurbo-84

Default 1984 Mustang Gt Turbo Convertible

1984 Mustang Gt Turbo. 49,367 original miles. Original paint with the exception of the hood stripe and the top of the driver side door. Paint is in excellent condition for its age. Car is rust free. 2.3 turbo engine, 5spd. I have owned the car for 2 years and put 10,000 miles on it. I brought it back to life. It sat in the previous owners driveway for 6 years not being driven. NEW PARTS - 3 inch downpipe and exhaust, spark plugs, spark plug wires, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, O2 sensor, Kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 255 Walbro fuel pump, fuel filter, distributor cap/rotor, Kyb shocks front and rear ,eibach springs, caster camber plates, radiator, front/rear brakes (rotors, pads ,drums, wheel cylinders,wheel bearings) steering rag joint, headlights, tps and iac sensors, reproduction 93 cobra wheels, dash pad, Pro 5.0 shifter. Tires and wheels have less than 3,000 miles on them. Engine has been upgraded to SVO Mustang specs. 35 lb injectors, large vam, LA3 chipped computer. Rebuilt turbo with E6 manifold. Custom intercooler set up with turbo coupe intercooler and has blow off valve. Gillis boost controller. Boost is set at 14 psi. Runs and drives great. The convertible top needs to be replaced, bottom of driver seat is split, valve seals should be replaced . I have all the original parts, window sticker, manuals, and dealer paper work from the original owner. Also have brand new ford valve seals that will go with the car. Please call or txt 484 684-8235. I am located in Downingtown, PA. $6,500.00 obo. I also have it listed on Craigslist in the Philadelphia section.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by GtTurbo-84; 07-30-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Wow Cobra wheels look fantastic on it!

Beautiful Vert -- GLWS!!

GtTurbo-84

Thanks. I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

It's nice to see another surviving Turbo GT out there...

This is a nice one...love the color and the small lip spoiler on it he deck lid.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

That is an nice ride. I love that color. Is it just me or is there no air filter on it? Good luck with your sale!
    Last edited by homer302; 07-31-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

GLWS great looking GT,what is the trunk lip spoiler from
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

GtTurbo-84

The air filter is inside the fender well. The lip spoiler is on eBay. Universal lip spoiler. Thanks for the compliments.

I just noticed...you have halo headrests on the standard low back seats. Not a combo that you see every day. I also like the SVO taillight lenses. Did you repaint the hood stripe yourself?
    Last edited by Gemini1999; 07-31-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Bryan

GtTurbo-84

I put the halo headrests on. I have the original headrests. I pinstriped the tail lights myself. I had a body shop repaint the hood, hood scoop, cowl grille, and bumper grille matte black.

GtTurbo-84

There is also a new nos ford emblem on the front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by GtTurbo-84 View Post
    I put the halo headrests on. I have the original headrests. I pinstriped the tail lights myself. I had a body shop repaint the hood, hood scoop, cowl grille, and bumper grille matte black.
    How much did the shop charge for that? I need to do the same on mine.
    Bryan

GtTurbo-84

My friend owns the shop. He didn't charge me.

Nice GT Turbo, you should have no problem selling that one.

The lip spoiler is on eBay. Universal lip spoiler. Thanks for the compliments.
    Can you point me to the right seller for the lip spoiler on eBay? I attempted a search, but no joy there. Thanks!
    Bryan

GtTurbo-84

I think this is the seller I bought it from on eBay. spkdepot (1005)99.7% Positive feedback. Type in universal trunk lip spoiler in a search or look him up. There are a ton of guys selling the same universal spoiler. Measure the deck lid width and specify the size when you buy. The double sided tape they provide is junk. Retape it with some good 3M double sided tape.

I think this is the seller I bought it from on eBay. spkdepot (1005)99.7% Positive feedback. Type in universal trunk lip spoiler in a search or look him up. There are a ton of guys selling the same universal spoiler. Measure the deck lid width and specify the size when you buy. The double sided tape they provide is junk. Retape it with some good 3M double sided tape.
    Thanks. I'm usually all about original appearance, but it's a nice, subtle change that looks right without taking away from the lines of the car. This forum has a FB page for classified ads as well. You should put the car on there to get more exposure. It's a shame that you're selling after all that work. If you had a new top and seat covers, it would be perfect. Good luck with the sale.
    Bryan

I like it but, the wheels are backwards.
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

GtTurbo-84

I like them mounted this direction. Next owner can change it to his or her preference.

I like them mounted this direction. Next owner can change it to his or her preference.
    In the current direction, it would direct some air onto the disk and calipers...surely that wouldn't hurt.

That's what's great about this car. It's got a few unique touches that make it a it different from the rest, but overall still has a mostly stock look. I like it. If I didn't already have one, we'd be talking.
    Last edited by Gemini1999; 08-01-2016 at 11:15 PM.
    Bryan

-likey!.....just rather have a hardtop tho....
    '87 Turbo Coupe - 660 mile original
    '86 Turbo Coupe - 74k mile stripper

GtTurbo-84

Dropping the price. $5,000.00.

Ohh come on people. Really? Nobody? Go find me a nicer one for $5K.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I really think that the OP should be advertising this a bit more. There is the FEP Classified page on Facebook and there are a few other Fox-based FB pages, where this might get some traction. Even with the car needing a new top and front seat upholstery, it's an excellent price.
    Bryan

GtTurbo-84

I am showing the car at the American Muscle car show at Maple Grove Raceway in Reading, PA. Anyone interested can see it in person there. The car show is 8/13/16. To elaborate on the original parts I have, original TRX wheels(tires are dry rotted), turbo to throttle body elbow, hood insulator, original shifter and headrests, original dual tipped tail pipe, Air cleaner assembly and stock vam, 30lb injectors, original ECU, new stock fuel pump. I have the original snap on convertible top cover. I can provide additional pics of the car or if you want to see pics of the spare parts. I would really like to see this car go to someone that appreciates the rarity of the car and wants to keep the 4cyl. I would have to see it become a candidate for a V8 swap. Thanks for the feedback guys!

FEP Senior Member

Car looks really cool...can't help thinking about it with some 16" trx's..... Great price, 1 of a kind car. I will be looking for this car at the AM show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast