Close

Default advice on 140 Speedometer

I was dying to find a new 140 speedometer and now have it. My question is my car has 19k original mileage with great documentation.
    Its not like its a 500 mile or even a couple thousand mile car but I would still consider it "low miles". since I bought it I have put on about 600 miles and I plan to drive it around occasionally. If I put the new speedo in and it starts at 0 how should I document that so the true mileage of the car never becomes an issue in the future.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

This is what I would do; take pictures of the old with the new right under it, and put it in your files.

It is really easy to roll up and down the mileage on both the stock and 140mph speed. I'll see if I can find a link for you.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Changing the mileage on a Fox odometer is quite simple. I recently did it when replacing the stock 85 mph speedometer in my McLaren with a 140 mph SVO speedo.

I used http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-my-140-Speedo as a guide.

Good luck.

Mike

I found the thread I was looking for, it was from 2007 and no longer has pictures.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/...(lots-of-pics)

Still pretty good instructions though
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Thanks for the info and the links. I think I will do both... make the mileage correct on the new one and take pictures as I swap them.

I look forward to that. I'm swapping in an SVO 140 this fall and adding overlays.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air