Close

Default 83 Mercury Capri Body Side Moldings

Is there a source for the body side moldings for the Capri? Restoring mine and cannot seem to locate any vendors.

Thanks.

Pav

Dennis Carpenter is working on the body side moldings for the 79-84 Mustangs/Capris. Unfortunately there is no time table at this time as to when they will be available. The word is the first couple of sets were not very good and so they are working on the molds or the process to make them better.

You can use either NOS or good used parts to replace your current pieces. Keep in mind that the moldings in between the wheels are the same for both the Capri and the Mustang, so that helps in your search. The rear moldings next to the bumpers are specific to the Capri for the 83/84 year models due to the side marker lights. The front side marker moldings are the same for the 79-84 Capri. You can take a Mustang or 79-82 rear body side molding and cut out for the light if there are no other options. Once installed it's almost impossible to tell.

I would recommend posting a WTB in the Classifieds here on FEP and keep your eye out on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller