Close

Thread: 84 gt

Default 84 gt

I'm buying a 1984 GT from an estate, and I am having trouble finding a reasonable estimation of the value. It has been in one family since new, red on red, 3 speed/OD (not a legit 4 speed, if I remember correctly) nothing fancy. 100% stock, down to the radio. it's faded slightly, and has been sitting for 10-15 years in a garage. Needs a carb rebuild, obviously, maybe replacing the tank will be a good idea too. Needs tires, but overall it's really really solid. Any ideas?
    Tim

You'll need to attach some pictures if possible, it's going to be tough to estimate a value without seeing it. I bought a similar car from an estate that had been sitting for a long time and it needed a lot of parts to get it running well. If it has an automatic transmission then it's actually fuel injected, it looks like a carb, but it's not. If it's rust free and in good shape, these things can go from a few thousand bucks to 5-6k. You can look at your local Craigslist for ideas of what similar cars are going for. The most expensive things to fix, and thus improves the car's value if it doesn't need it, are body rust and paint. Mechanical work can be expensive, but the parts are pretty easy to get.

If it has an automatic transmission then it's actually fuel injected, it looks like a carb, but it's not. If it's rust free and in good shape, these things can go from a few thousand bucks to 5-6k. You can look at your local Craigslist for ideas of what similar cars are going for.

It's a manual, definitely, but like I said, it's a 4-speed, but 4 is an overdrive, and that is even noted somewhere on the car, I believe.
    Original paint, zero rust, never in an accident. rear bumper skin was painted due to parking lot rash, that's it. I'lll get pics soon

If it is a manual 84, it is a five speed unless someone swapped the transmission.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Well, I was wrong. it's an 83 with the SROD, so that clears that up. It won't survive much abuse, so it'll get a 5 speed at some point...I was certain it was an 83, but I guess I was misinformed!