Close

Thread: GT 350 seats

Default GT 350 seats

Hello, I just purchased a 84 GT 350 hatch, haven't picked it up yet byt while looking at the pics just noticed the front seats don't have the Halo headrests. Looks like it has one piece hi back seats with the headrest built into the seat, the color looks the same... Where the halos an option or would it appear the seats have been swapped. It's a t-top car so it had some options...

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I am going to edit this again the more I blow up the picture.
    Halos were not an option. All GT350s and any Mustang ordered with the sport seats in that era had them. That doesn't even look like a Ford headrest of any kind. The seat DOES appear to be a one piece deal. BUT It ALMOST looks like someone actually covered the halo with material. Since this is a T top car, I suspect the Halos are sun-roached and their solution was to cover them so they don't look so bad. Just a theory.
    Look how sun faded that piece of interior plastic is right beside the seat that runs up the B pillar. It's practically white. That red is famous for that unfortunately.
    On a side note, looks like the driver's side dew wipe is missing. You might want to start sourcing one of those, LOL
    Last edited by homer302; 07-11-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Yeah I agree the seat looks a little funky, guess I find out Wed when I pick it up.

So is the missing dew wipe a holy grail part?

I have had 25 or so stangs easily including my first car a 82 Capri 5.0, first new car 86 5.0 notch and currently a 90 notch Coyote swapped NMRA Factory Stocker but am not real familiar with the earlier foxes so I am not sure what is available or not parts wise.

ohh gosh no. They are reproduced and don't cost much but most people prefer to take the new rubber out of the re-pop and use it in their OEM metal retainer. The re-pops are thinner and cheaper metal and don't fit as nice as OEM. Either way that is no deal killer, I was just blowing up your pictures and saw it. That is absolutely nothing to be concerned with.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Cool, I was actually on here looking for something different to add to my collection, had looked at at a SSP LX, had settled on a 86 SVO and before I closed that deal made a what I would consider low ball offer on the GT350, it got accepted and now I have another project.

Ha. I think I finally found them. Tell me this is not the same seat? Mid eighties Dodge Charger. I knew they looked familiar. Took me a minute but I got there.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

All I can say is...
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Well whatever they are they supposedly need recovering, that won't happen but I guess I'll be searching for some seats now..

Any sport seat from 1984-1989 would be the correct seat frame for your car if you want to recover them as OEM. If you want to buy original seats that don't need recovering that is the exact seat material and pattern, then it would have to be an '84 seat. The seat material and fabric was one year only but it came in other cars besides the GT350. I don't know how "correct" you are trying to be here. Lots of nice seats out there that will do the job obviously.
    Last edited by homer302; 07-11-2016 at 05:15 PM.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Turns out one of the guys that works for me has a set of correct seats that will need recovering, will have to go visit his shop because I know I'll be raiding some other goodies from him too.

Uhhhh, I hate to be the one to tell you but your car is for sale on eBay right now, LOL.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I didn't buy it, turned out to be a huge rust bucket. Kid misrepresented the car totally, fighting paypal for my deposit back currently. He has relisted it a few times, I told ebay about it...

I ended up with a lil 86 5.0 5speed coupe that needs restoration, it is exactly like the first new car I ever owned (colors and option wise), should be something when it is done.
    Last edited by Kerrdogg; 08-04-2016 at 04:16 PM.

OUCH!!!!!

Sold for $2300
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

It's weird, I agreed to $2300, sent him $300 drove 400 miles to pick it up to find the car painted with a roller, huge repair where the 1/4 and roof bonds rust out, roof panel rust under hatch, hatch and both doors shot. He agreed to refund my deposit which I am still working with Paypal on. It shows relisted and sold twice after my purchase.. I did figure out the running problem for him though. I drove on and grabbed a fox race car from a customer that owes me $$$ and picked up a very straight rust free 86 5.0 5 speed coupe since then as well.