Close

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Amazing cant wait to see this!!!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    Interesting!
    That's code for "Not my taste and I would never put that on my car, but we'll wait and see how BAD it looks on yours!"

Definitely different, but I want to have some fun with it. Besides my last hope for a car nut is my 11 year old daughter and she Likes it! She would LOVE it if I went with black over the grey, but I wanted something different since eventually the car will be painted it's original black.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Thanks!

That's code for "Not my taste and I would never put that on my car, but we'll wait and see how BAD it looks on yours!"

Lol. I had a lot of people say my body kit was "interesting " while i was building it. This is exactly the thought that went through my mind.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    Lol. I had a lot of people say my body kit was "interesting " while i was building it. This is exactly the thought that went through my mind.

Well Here's to Bad Taste! 'Cause I think your body kit looks GREAT!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Here is another quick update on my progress. I didn't get as much time in the garage tonight as I had hoped, but I think I was able to accomplish a decent amount of work. I have removed the entire dash. I removed all the wiring for the front of the car as well as all the dash wiring. I pulled the remaining engine bay parts such as the booster, brake lines, fuel lines, etc. out. I also pulled off both doors. I will replace the door hinge bushings and pins and then realign the doors before they come back off again. Overall the car is in decent shape. I have some floor board damage behind both front seats that needs some attention, but I will tackle that after installing the SFC. I need to repair the outer front seat stud for the driver seat as the stud is loose due to a tear in the metal. I will also be replacing the wiper linkage assembly as this one is broken. That's a first for me as I have never seen that.

Name:  2016-07-21 20.47.18.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  114.2 KB

Name:  2016-07-21 20.47.28.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  118.9 KB

Name:  2016-07-21 20.47.39.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  84.3 KB

If the wife and kids let me play in the garage tomorrow evening, I will remove the remaining interior parts and pull out the quarter window glass and the sail panels. I will also remove the tail lights and maybe the rear hatch. Once that is all out then I will pull out the 8.8" I swapped in a few months ago so I can power wash the entire chassis and get all the dirt, grease, grime, etc. off everything before I start making any repairs and upgrades. Should have everything stripped out by the end of the weekend if luck goes my way.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Wow. That core support looks very nice.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Make something like the green decals used on the 80-81 Cobras.

As for your front end problems, remember this is factory work :

Ehhh....I guess all of them didn't look like that.

Last edited by homer302; 07-31-2016 at 04:35 PM.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Didn't have a chance to work in the garage Friday night, so I spent all day out there today. Made some good progress although the car looks much worse than when I started! Got the rest of the interior stripped out as well as the sail panels and side glass. I stripped out the rear suspension and all the brake lines and fuel lines. I also stripped off the majority of the T-top trim and all the weatherstripping. I have the dreaded loose T-top sheet metal, so I drilled out all the rivets after removing the trim. I need to grab some urethane sealant/adhesive to put in between the sheet metal when I rivet everything back up nice and tight. That should help seal any possible leaks as well as help hold everything together well too.

Name:  2016-07-23 17.34.04.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  140.8 KB

Found an unknown spot of rust under the drivers left foot between the firewall and the floor pan. Not a huge deal, just disappointing.

Name:  2016-07-23 17.34.13.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  76.6 KB

There are tears in the floor pans on both sides at the rear of the seats. The driver side they did a patch/repair at some point that didn't work too well. The passenger side needs some attention as well. They actually look better from the bottom than up top, so I am grappling with cutting out the entire floor and replacing it or patching up the couple of spots. The easier solution is the patch and the anal retentive part of me wants to cut out the whole floor. I am going to sleep on that one for a bit longer before I go nuts.

Name:  2016-07-23 17.34.19.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  123.4 KB

Name:  2016-07-23 17.34.34.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  118.5 KB

The last really stupid and ugly part is the inner sheetmetal where they put a quarter on the car at some point in it's life. I suspected that due some filler cracking on the sail panel and the fact that I could see silver paint inside the hatch opening under the black that was peeling off. Overall the quarter seems to be relatively well installed . . . Well except for this Crap! I will clean that up and definitely do something better!

Name:  2016-07-23 17.34.40.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  99.8 KB

The underside of the car appears at least for now to be in pretty good shape. I think the fact that the engine was apparently coating the entire underside on a daily basis for much of it's life helped to prevent any rust. The oil/filthy coating on the bottom seemed to prevent much else from sticking, but I won't know for sure until I get it all cleaned off and get to the bare metal. I hope to get that done later in the week. Tomorrow (after the Wife's Birthday stuff) I hope to get some casters on the body so I can roll it in and out of the shop with easy. I have a couple of ideas that I hope work as well as I think!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Lots of work. I love the tear down stage. Thanks for posting progress 👍

Messing around on my phone...
    1986 Ford Mustang GT-

Not much stock stuff left
    347 NA power, CNC ported heads, Extrude honed Trick Flow Intake, Custom Cam
    Suspension, custom k- member, TQ arm/pan hard rod... Much more
    Restored and ready to race, made to go fast while cornering

1981 Mustang GT-

Old SCCA A-Sedan National Champ car
    In the middle of rebuild

1986 LX Sedan-

Plans to be determined...

"Every day I learn how much I don't know"

I have been limited on garage time due to the wife's birthday Sunday and work Monday. I am my daughter's gymnastic class right now

I have worked on the car a bit, but that has been building my rolltissiere for the car. I would post up some pictures but my daughter keeps playing Survival Craft on my phone.

Ok, grabbed a few pictures to show some of the progress I have made.

Here is the front section of the rolltisserie that will allow me to roll the car to either side rather than just one as most do.

Name:  2016-07-26 18.01.03.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  120.9 KB

I bought the rolling jack from Harbor Freight over the weekend on sale.

Name:  2016-07-24 15.43.49.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  73.6 KB

I installed the door bars that I built many years ago for an earlier model Mustang. They are a bit short at the striker position, but a nice big stack of washers fixed that!

Name:  2016-07-26 18.02.09.jpg
Size:  133.7 KB

Here is the rear bracket of the rolltisserie that still needs some reinforcement and then it will be installed.

Name:  2016-07-26 18.02.38.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  103.8 KB

Last I bought a pair of these rolling jacks for the rear of the car so it will completely mobile even without any suspension.

Name:  2016-07-24 16.33.47.jpg
Size:  59.5 KB

If if I can get out in the garage tonight I will wrap everything up and hopefully get some more photos and by tomorrow it will be on it's side!
    Last edited by wraithracing; 07-26-2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Add Pictures
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Neat idea on the rotisserie And outstanding progress thus far. That rust stain in the drivers floor is pretty revealing. You can see where it begins is precisely where water drips from the front corn of the T Top. Then the stain follows the gravity path that water would take, running down towards the front corner and ponding. Hence the large, oddly shaped rust stain. I bet once you plug that hole, if you pour a cup of water right there it will match the outline of the rust stain perfectly. Previous owner apparently did not care and just let it stay damp. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I have worked on the car a bit, but that has been building my rolltissiere for the car.

Ok, grabbed a few pictures to show some of the progress I have made.

Here is the front section of the rolltisserie that will allow me to roll the car to either side rather than just one as most do.

Name:  2016-07-26 18.01.03.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  120.9 KB
    Very Interesting! I can't wait to see how this works and I would like to know more about the design of the "ROLL"TISSERIE!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Trey, are you doing a driver restore or a concourse restore? I scored a lower airdam and fender ext for $100 the other day so now I have the 82GT fever again. I hate car's.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

Quote Originally Posted by STL79Coupe View Post
    Trey, are you doing a driver restore or a concourse restore? I scored a lower airdam and fender ext for $100 the other day so now I have the 82GT fever again. I hate car's.
    I am doing a driver. I am not a concourse guy in general. I can appreciate them and might go that direction with some very rare and unique cars such as Shelby's, Bosses, etc. but my 82 was missing the original engine when I got it anyway so all bets are off!

My plans are a full EFI 331 with T5 and an 8.8, full 5 lug swap with Cobra brakes on all four corners. Exterior will be mostly stock with a few changes, but everything is reversible if I change my mind later. I will make a few changes to the interior to make it a better driver and more enjoyable.

My first focus is making the repairs to the floor pans, the repairs to the core support that was poorly installed, and fixing the flexy T-top sheet metal. Once I get that done, then I will start plumbing everything up and installing the new/modified wiring harness for the electrical.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Very Interesting! I can't wait to see how this works and I would like to know more about the design of the "ROLL"TISSERIE!
    Here is a thread that looks at wooden rotisserie options. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?61731-Car-rotisserie

I have borrowed much of the design from here, although I made some design changes that make me feel a bit better about the overall design. I wish I had my Accessible Technologies metal rotisserie, but that is down in TX with my Dad. Besides I don't really have the room for that unit right now and since the underside repairs are minor overall, I don't really need the full rotisserie. The wooden unit should work just fine for what I need to do and be much easier to store in between cars. The fact that I only have about $150 into the whole thing including the rolling jacks helps the budget for the car immensely.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks Trey! Can't wait to see this thing in action!
    Brock

Thanks Trey! Can't wait to see this thing in action!
    Me TOO!

Had some friends stop by unexpected yesterday evening so I never made it out to the garage as expected. Should be able to get out there tonight and get the back bracket finished up and installed.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Me TOO!

Had some friends stop by unexpected yesterday evening so I never made it out to the garage as expected. Should be able to get out there tonight and get the back bracket finished up and installed.
    That seems like a common thing for you lately. Us on the forum might have to banish your friends to somewhere cold, so you can get this build done!
    They can come back when you are done LOL!
    Brock

That seems like a common thing for you lately. Us on the forum might have to banish your friends to somewhere cold, so you can get this build done!
    They can come back when you are done LOL!
    Right now I completely agree with you and I am all for it. I have had WAY TOO many friends, family, relatives, etc. mess up my car schedule lately and really put me behind where I need to be. I vote on a total ban of all my friends over the next couple of weeks so I can get something accomplished. I will text the both of them to let them know they are banished!

Updates tonight I promise!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I vote on a total ban of all my friends over the next couple of weeks so I can get something accomplished.

I will text the both of them to let them know they are banished!

That sounds like the total on my friends list......
    Brock

There is A LOT of work to be done before this can be installed, but here is a little teaser of the color combo for the GT!

Attachment 102920

The Grey will be the main body color of the car with the other colors being used as accents or trim colors. Not sure yet how much or if even all of them get used, but that is the idea for now. Can't wait to get started on it!
    Love your color choices.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsccat View Post
    Love your color choices.
    Thanks! They are pretty much Love 'Em or Hate 'Em colors, but I LOVE Them and with it being a wrap, I can change it IF I get sick of the colors.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks! They are pretty much Love 'Em or Hate 'Em colors, but I LOVE Them and with it being a wrap, I can change it IF I get sick of the colors.
    It's going to rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Finaly WE HAVE ROLL or is it TILT . . . . Whatever! The car is now on its side!

Ok! Ok! Not yet in the first couple of pictures! Rolled the car outside the garage on the 3 trailer jacks. Works pretty well when they are facing the direction you want/need, but they don't change direction very well. I might try to work on that a bit, but then again I might not. It's mobile as a stripped shell so what's the problem dummy!

Name:  2016-07-28 19.28.06.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  2016-07-28 19.28.22.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  94.3 KB

Now it's time for the first Test! Thankfully it was successful and much easier to tilt/roll/whatever than I expected. A bit of weight at first, but not bad at all and then it was surprisingly well balanced until it was on its side!

Name:  2016-07-28 19.42.40.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  107.5 KB

Name:  2016-07-28 19.42.51.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  2016-07-28 19.40.41.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  98.1 KB

The plan is to rent a pressure washer either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday and get the underside degreased and blast the rest of the car clean before starting any repair work or welding. We'll see how tomorrow goes and hopefully have some cleaner pictures to post up!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller