Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you post a pic of the door tag?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Can you post a pic of the door tag?
    I can over the weekend.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Name:  0604162218.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  78.0 KB

I'll get a better one if needed.

I turn flash off for most pics like this.
    Washes detail out.

One it was dark out. Second you can barley read it the tag as it is. I'll get more in the a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    It also has 84 1/2 style seats with no netted headrests and the pull out knee bolsters, but the fabric on the seats seems to be out of a newer aero Mustang anyway. Definitely not 83 or 84 upholstery.
    Those seats are the shorter 1990-91 sport seats with 84-86 Halos installed. I realize we have established it is an '83 already, just an FYI for everyone.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

okay its been a while since I updated. Had to rebuild the rear end in the Capri. New 4.10 gears, new brakes, seals, bearings, ect. Just finshed it tonite. Swapped it back to four lug and bolted on some 10 holes I have for now. The plan is to get some new repop metric wheel. buff out the paint and keep the rough look and resticker it . I have some engine goodies to do too... and make the Capri I daily driver for the time being.

Name:  0806162133.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  0802161404.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  0709161912.jpg
Size:  110.4 KB

Name:  0703162340.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  97.9 KB

Name:  0617162153.jpg
Size:  105.2 KB

Started the deep cleaning process. Found a huge rat nest in the head liner. Ripped the whole interior out and washed everything two to three times. Never found the build sheet. Ordered a new dash cover and 5 cans of Sem medium red interior paint to finish the interior. In the mean time I started to cleaned up and fresh up the the interior. Repainting the Front bumper, and respraying the exterior trim.Name:  0818162239.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  101.1 KBName:  0813161641.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  94.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome!!!!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Looking Good!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

You will have nothing but fits with that SEM red unless your interior panels are already very nice. If they are washed out and faded it will take 200 cans to get it to do anything. Wraith (posted above me) saved the day and told me to paint them light grey or white FIRST, then the red will cover. That SEM red is terrible stuff but putting white under it first it will come out okay.

EDIT - I just went and looked at the one picture of your interior and from what I can tell, it looks okay. Nowhere near as bad as mine was. It is not a T top like mine so that makes a HUGE difference when it comes to fading. You can try it but I think you will still like the results with grey or white underneath better.
    Last edited by homer302; 08-19-2016 at 10:37 AM.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    You will have nothing but fits with that SEM red unless your interior panels are already very nice. If they are washed out and faded it will take 200 cans to get it to do anything. Wraith (posted above me) saved the day and told me to paint them light grey or white FIRST, then the red will cover. That SEM red is terrible stuff but putting white under it first it will come out okay.

EDIT - I just went and looked at the one picture of your interior and from what I can tell, it looks okay. Nowhere near as bad as mine was. It is not a T top like mine so that makes a HUGE difference when it comes to fading. You can try it but I think you will still like the results with grey or white underneath better.
    Thanks for the heads up. I might have to do that with the rear inside quarter panels. The capri must have been in a dry and hot climate for a while. All the paint is fade and cooked and those rear interior panel are quite faded. What kind of paint did you use for a base coat? Thanks

Sorry Missed the SEM paint for the interior this morning.

You can use any SEM primer or even regular SEM color coat as a base. The flexible primer is probably your best choice, but again depends on you panel too.

Essentially something that is lighter than the red top coat is what you are looking for. You don't want to go too dark on a grey as then it is similar to trying to paint red over a black surface. Most of the time a nice light grey works really well as base and that is basically what the SEM flexible primer 39133 or 39134 qt is. Works very well and helps with plastic parts to get good adhesion to the plastic. I also highly recommend Bulldog Adhesion Promoter too. SEM makes an adhesion promoter too, but I honestly haven't used it since I have such good luck with Bulldog.

Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Jobrien View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I might have to do that with the rear inside quarter panels. The capri must have been in a dry and hot climate for a while. All the paint is fade and cooked and those rear interior panel are quite faded. What kind of paint did you use for a base coat? Thanks
    Okay, Been there, done that if they are that bad. As you can see, Trey responded. Sounds like he preferred the light grey. I used white under mine and I really love the way it looks. To me, it looks like OEM canyon red. But obviously even he says either one will do so save yourself some time and frustration and do whichever one works for you, just do ONE of them, LOL. Good luck!

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Okay, Been there, done that if they are that bad. As you can see, Trey responded. Sounds like he preferred the light grey. I used white under mine and I really love the way it looks. To me, it looks like OEM canyon red. But obviously even he says either one will do so save yourself some time and frustration and do whichever one works for you, just do ONE of them, LOL. Good luck!
    Honestly either white or a light grey will work just fine. A white base tends to make bright colors "POP" a bit more so that can be a good thing. The light grey SEM flexible primer is very light so it's very close to white. You just don't normally want to use a dark gray (charcoal) because again it can act more like painting over a black base. So whatever works best for your budget or desires and you will be fine.

Glad my advice worked out well for you Brett!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks for the replys guys. I'll let you know how it comes out when the paint arrives, plus it is to muggy out right now to paint.

Wow, so you went BACK to 4 lugs? Interesting..

What was your reasoning? Just wondering. So many people are going to 5 lugs, its strange to see someone going the other way.

I went back to four lug for three reasons. I wanted to install the orignal rear end. I want to get the repop metric wheels. And third i have two other foxes with a five lug swap already and wanted this car to be more original. I didnt want to keep doing the same things to this build as my others.

Started to paint a panel. Primed it first. Took a whole can of primer and 1 1/2 cans of red. Hopefully it darkness up, alittle to bright for me.

Name:  0824161857.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  113.5 KB

Pictures of the other panels that need to be done

Name:  0824161904a.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  95.9 KBName:  0824161904.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  167.9 KB

I just got done doing the same thing in my 83 Rs last week. My interior is black. Printed on the back of my panels in yellow was June 1983. Any dates on the back of your panels?

Quote Originally Posted by foot2floor View Post
    My dad who bought my 1983 Capri Turbo RS (titled as an 83) used in 1988 said it originally had the front air damn with the marshal fog lights like the one above. My brother sadly gently rear-ended a semi in 1995 and so it ended up with a standard bumper cover on it but I had every intention of finding that bumper cover again. Is it possible the RS bumper cover was a late 83 thing too?
    If you had a spoiler on it from the dealer, it must have been the dealer installed McLaren accessories like mine. Did the fog lamp covers happen to say ASC McLaren on them?
    JK
    1983 Capri RS Turbo (since new)
    1970 Boss 302 (since 1980)
    1965 Mustang Coupe (since 1976)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12