Close

Default Saved one today 84.5 Turbo GT

Luckily I get up early for work and caught the ad on Cl. For the princely sun of $150 american I'm the new owner of a 84.5 turbo gt. The car was disassembled some time ago for a resto and got back burnered. All parts are accounted for except:

-Original doors (comes with 2 replacement doors)
    -Drivers fender
    -Hood
    -Engine and trans
    -Windshield (was there but cracked)
    -Front seats

Sadly, the original doors were trashed at some point in the past few years so a door sticker is out of the question until the marti report comes. The buck tag is also MIA. I can tell you what I've found option wise with the car so far.

-2.3t 5 speed
    -Sunroof
    -Black with red interior
    -Non AC car

Here are some obligatory pics of her in her state of storage. She'll be brought out to the light of day tomorrow and coming home. Once she's home the first step will be cleaning all the parts out of the interior and a complete inventory of parts MIA

ATTACH]100529[/ATTACH]Name:  image.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  54.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  62.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Mr. Nitrous; 05-21-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Nice save. Great color combo.

Very nice save. Looks to be a great project and at the right price too!

What absolutely stinks is that last summer I donated a 84 turbo coupe with a good drivetrain and the red front seats to a friends kid so he could do a senior project whoopsies lol.

Ahh, takes me back. Pictures are VERY similar. Click on my build thread and look at post #1. Congrats and good luck on your endeavor.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  94.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  141.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  134.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  105.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  48.8 KB

She's home and tucked away for the time being. I have my shopping list and Ford Carlisle is right around the corner!!!

Blog Entries

The perfect resto rod candidate, to me. Enough original to keep it stock looking, but with the drivetrain gone, you can go nuts with a modernized, injected turbo 4. Nice find!
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Congratulations. Like Homer that reminds me of my little project, though it is hard to believe you have even less than I did! (I had a dash )

See my signature for my build thread and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Chris
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

I want to keep the costs low on this one. I just dropped waaayyy too much money into our 99 cobra. What most likely will happen is beings that the car is missing the motor, trans, fuel system, ecu, ect is to transplant a mod motor into it for the time being. I have a complete wrecked 97 GT vert sitting behind my shop. That way I can breath some life back into her while collecting all the necessary parts for the turbo 2.3 drivetrain. In all fairness it still will be a turbo gt with the mod motor since I have a good used on3 turbo setup from another mod motor car.

My requirements for this iteration of the build will be maintaining a completely factory stock look (body, interior, ect) but modular powered. This way the car won't turn into a stalled project while I collect the parts to bring her back to the way she came when new.

FEP Supporter

Nice find! $150?! That's an awesome deal! Dashes out scare me; I have removed them before but never had to install one! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Black and red seems to be what at least half of the turbo cars were done in!
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Nice find! $150?! That's an awesome deal! Dashes out scare me; I have removed them before but never had to install one! Good luck!
    Yeah I expected a complete poopbox for the $150 asking price. After I saw it and found it had a clean and clear title I wasn't gonna argue the price. The only rust I found is on the passengers side 1/4 where the rear molding would be. Just a few surface bubbles there. The top of the rad support has a few holes left of center. I'm chalking that up to mouse pee.

I've only done one dash swap and I was the one who removed the old one. I labeled all the plugs so it wasn't too bad to do. This has nothing labeled, just a pile of spaghetti. What I may have to do is find a donor car or one in the u pull it and remove the entire dash & harness while labeling everything then swap it over.

Something tells me finding the correct non a/c cluster bezel might prove a tad challenging.