Close

Thread: Mccne

Default Mccne

Anyone going to Salomon pond mall tonight for the MCCNE meet ? 3-6 tonight, I've painted my trim and installed new headlights. Probably detail the car and take a ride over later on.
    "When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets"

I was there today. It was a good cruise and I caught up with some other MCCNE club members. I met up with Fred who has an 86 Capri in real nice condition and is the original owner. He told me the story of him and his girlfriend both buying 86 Capris at the same time and his girlfrield sold hers and that is the car that Jeff, " Capriman86" ended up buying. It's a small world. Anyway, the rain held off and the temperature was just right for a show. There will be a judged show there in July and the temperatures for that one, on the hot asphalt parking lot, are usually 90-100*.
    Last edited by smitty54; 05-21-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

I thought I recognized the plate. I went but just ended up parking with general public. awful lot of newer mustangs. It was a great day to drive around northern central mass.

That's what MCCNE is. Mustangs of all years. There are more 1994-2016 cars than anything else.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

you can see that for sure. The two black foxbodies were super nice, one was an LX the other had SVO badging but was far from it.

Blog Entries

Is this a regular meet? Need to get back out, work should be a bit more forgiving this year.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

This was MCCNE's first event of the year. It was a cruise for all makes and models, not a show. They have 5 more scheduled shows every month from June till Oct.
    http://www.mccne.com/overdrive/wp-co...e-Summary2.pdf

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    This was MCCNE's first event of the year. It was a cruise for all makes and models, not a show. They have 5 more scheduled shows every month from June till Oct.
    http://www.mccne.com/overdrive/wp-co...e-Summary2.pdf
    There is another show tomorrow. I believe. Anyone planning to attend?

I never went, But I did end up driving up to Lynnfield to Herb Chambers cars and coffee. WOW what a great event that was. Looking forward to September 11th's event at his Westborough dealership.