Close

Default Anyone know of a car cover that actually fits the mid sized LTD?

My wife bought me a car cover for the LTD about a decade ago when I began storing it for the winter. Pretty certain it was designed to fit a Crown Victoria since it was way too big. I believe what I have is a Superweave cover will check the tag tonight.

About 5 years ago I started paying for all winter indoor heated storage for my LTX LX when I found an affordable location to do so.

Car is starting a repaint this summer and would like to hear of satin or cotton lined indoor, as well as outdoor covers that actually fit properly.

Related to that repaint, anyone see my question about clearcoating of the charcoal accents up in the LTD LX specific forum?
    1985 LTD LX original owner

Almost time to store my LTD LX, and don't want to use the Crown Vic sized car cover. Anyone found one that fits well on a four door fox?

I've used a generic large cover on my mk7.
    That's the cheapest or Cal Car Cover makes them to fit.
    http://www.calcarcover.com/
    1 800 423 5525.
    probably around $250?

still looking for something custom fit. So far Covercraft will make a custom one for around $630

Why don't you get a generic large cover and grab a sewing machine and have fun. A lot cheaper than the 600 custom piece.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

California Car Cover sells custom-fit covers for just about anything out there, even Fairmont Wagons. Excellent
    fit and many different quality levels available, several at less than $300
    https://www.calcarcover.com/custom-fit-car-truck-covers
    Last edited by JACook; 11-10-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Covercraft's site does seem to only have full-size LTDs, but I would think you could order a Fairmont sedan cover from a previous model year and it would work. Or, as pointed out, Cal Car Cover seems to have a number of options.