Close

Threaded View

Default 83 GT Tbird fantasy build

Thought I would share my rebuild and hopefully gather some insight and help along the way. Don't blink because this is goin down fast. Car is a 83 TurboCoupe that I got as a roller and I plan to put this thing back to full daily driver status ASAP. Im building a serious turbo 88 Ranger with a tall deck 2.7 four banger shooting for 9 second True Street passes. While this build takes time to make happen I decided I needed something fun to drive so I don't rush my Ranger build so here I present my newest idea......GTbird

Its a super clean Florida car with 75k on the clock. Came with that nasty hood which I promptly traded for a stock 88 TC hood and a set of 93 Cobra wheels.

Sooo here is the plan. I picked up a 96 Explorer 5.0,mass air harness and ecm out of a Mustang,a 88 TC 8.8,UPR k-member,Flaming River manual rack,v8 t5,aluminum rad and electric fan,Stinger TC 3" SS single exhaust cat-back w/SS Magnaflow,SS Flowmaster Y-pipe.

Im goin to rebuild motor and the heads ,swap in a TFS stg1 cam and run with it. I want to upgrade to mustang 11" front brakes and put fresh suspension under it. Im goin to freshen up the interior which is in great shape still and add my own Autometer and Speedhut gauges then add some killer tunes.

I just received the new tires for it today from Tirerack. Sumitomo 245/45-17 for the front and 245/50-17 for the rear.

Once its up and driving my buddy is going to do a quick respray on the exterior to make it look nice again.

Had the new tires mounted up and boy am I glad I went with my gut feeling on these. Love the look and will only look better once I get the ride down where it should be.

I also blacked out the center caps for the wheels which made a big difference to me.

245/45-17 on front and 245/50-17 on rear. The rears are 1" taller and 1/2" wider.

I also settled on 2017 Mustang Race Red as the final color for it and got my 88 TC hood yesterday.
    Last edited by deathbypsi; 11-14-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build