Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    FEP Senior Member

Here's something you don't see every day. The WideFox made it to Hotrod Magazine's website.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/crai...dy-pro-tourer/
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

FEP Senior Member

It turns out that Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords (since they are under the Motortrend Group with Hotrod) shared out the article also on the Hotrod.com website. Definitely a 2-for1 deal that I didn't expect. Many have asked how I was able to get my information in their hands, so this weekend's video is the backstory on it.

Join The Conversation

FEP Senior Member

After the 3 hour road-trip in the rain, I had a few days of contemplation of what I wanted to do next. The widebody isn't that much fun to cruise around in. No A/C, no radio, and I found out the hard way that is isn't very little fun in the rain. It's great when you can push the car to handle, but there are so few opportunities to do that. I was tinkering with the idea of selling the car since I really didn't have a lot of time to take it to a track for a weekend. 2020 has turned out to be the year I never thought could happen (as with most of us).

Join The Conversation

FEP Senior Member

I decided to put the widebody up for the rest of the year. Nowhere to really take it anymore in 2020 before I was planning to store it in October. Why pay for insurance when the car doesn't leave the property. There was a cars & coffee gathering last weekend, so I took the chance to get one last drive in.

Join The Conversation

FEP Senior Member

Something I've been working on in my spare time has been the V2.0 widebody for the WideFox. I want to create a metal widebody and ditch the fiberglass pieces. I've been doing some sketches when I felt the inspiration, and then posting them on my garage board next to the car. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Join The Conversation

Nice drawings. Wish I could draw! It would make my life much easier. One comment I will make is that the 03 Cobra and the Cobra R front lower air dam will be a tough fit on the 79-82 Mustang front end. The angles of the 79-82 don't match up well with the curved front surface of the 03 Cobra. Not saying you can't make it work, but it will be a bit more of a challenge. The curves of the 03 Cobra actually match up well with the 83-86 Mustang front covers just FYI. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    One comment I will make is that the 03 Cobra and the Cobra R front lower air dam will be a tough fit on the 79-82 Mustang front end. The angles of the 79-82 don't match up well with the curved front surface of the 03 Cobra. Not saying you can't make it work, but it will be a bit more of a challenge. The curves of the 03 Cobra actually match up well with the 83-86 Mustang front covers.
    I figured they wouldn't match well when I laid them next to each other. What I'm about to do doesn't make a lot of sense and I don't expect anything to fit correctly. That's my challenge to make the square peg fit the round hole.
    Join The Conversation

FEP Senior Member

For the next version of the widebody, I wanted something a little more aggressive for the hood. Keeping the OEM steel hood, but adding some extra cooling capacity. Race Louvers didn't have anything specific for the 79-82 OEM steel hoods. After a couple emails with measurements, they made a set for my hood and sent them my way. I had a chance to get them finished up late last week. It's a long install process since you have to measure everything, then remove the hood, cut, and put it all back. I'm very happy with the louvers, and it should add something different. I have thought about going turbo in the future with a simple 306ci SBF, and the turbo would sit right below a vent to keep underhood temps lower.