Close

Thread: MAF advice

Default MAF advice

Im ditching the megasquirt and going back to a stock ecu with an sct flip chip and maf. The car has a gen 1 hellion kit, so im going to run a blow through design, i just dont know which one i should go with. Any advice? The car has a boss blocked 331, 60lb injectors, and a 65/67 comp turbo.
    Rob

'83 Capri RS, all apart again
    The rebirth: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ghlight=rsmerc

'13 Raptor SCrew

Might be a dumb question but how did you like the MS?

Overall, i liked it. The software was pretty easy to get used to. It was also nice having the ecu control everything. If i did it again, I would probably just try the PnP2 kit and keep the distributor. If COP ignition is what you're after, go Haltech. I was just tired of chasing electrical issues. The cam sensor would always drop out under heavy load, keeping the car from its full potential. I messed with the noise filter in Tuner Studio, I changed wiring to the sensor, I changed the grounds....I just could never get it to run right under a heavy load.
    Rob

'83 Capri RS, all apart again
    The rebirth: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ghlight=rsmerc

'13 Raptor SCrew

A bit old I know - I'd always suggest a Pro-M meter - but why not stick with the MS? Get the new PiMPxs from stinger. I have the original PiMP in my Capri and it's awesome. I have a PiMPxs on the shelf that will be going in shortly...

FEP Super Member

I have one of the early MS. Loved it , but I have ditched the pushrod 302 , and have replaced it with a 4 cam 01 Cobra engine swap, and have yet to upgrade it for that.
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right