Close

Thread: 1984 - 86 Coupe

Default 1984 - 86 Coupe

I am in the market for a 1984-1986 coupe with 5.0 engine and manual transmission. Prefer originality instead of a highly modified coupe. If you are looking to sell or know of one, please let me know! Message me with details or links. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 05-07-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Bumpty Bump.... any hits?

Default Just noticed the date.

Forget it.

Then why post a response then? Just ignore it if my search for a nice coupe offends you.

Not at all Marathon, I simply thought the thread was out of date when I saw that it originated in May of '16. I've been flamed before, commenting on year-old threads. And I have just such a coupe. An entirely rust-free '86 LX 5-speed, with 65K miles and the only mod being an Explorer intake. I received the original parts in the purchase. I've had the entire A/C and heat replaced and changed to 134. It's canyon red, but needs repainting. In fact, I have been trying to get it into the paint shop for three weeks but the guy is doing a bunch of cars for a movie that's filming locally and he's under contract. The interior is gray vinyl and the car has every option (except for the signal seeking radio: It has instead the auto reverse cassette) and everything works. Power steering, brakes, windows, locks, tilt, cruise, map, trunk and engine compartment lighting, and a posi rear. What's the catch? I won't even think of giving it away. As is, I'll have to have $10K for it. Coz I don't really want to sell it (the wife loves it), but at that price, I'll make about $2K. After paint, I'll have to get $12 or better. Video link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoEInIIXyI
    Last edited by rose62; 03-25-2017 at 10:49 AM.

A link to a question that I asked about the MSRP for my car:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...8739-1986-msrp

BTW, it does have tinted glass that is original. I've also installed the correct battery and new seat belt sleeves. I bought the new door stop roller but the door will have to be removed to install it. Which means that I'll have to buy a door hinge kit too, as the hinge pins are original will have to be cut off to remove. Don't know if I want to do it that badly. But it would be best if done before paint, obviously.
    Last edited by rose62; 03-25-2017 at 10:42 AM.