Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Just a little about me

Hello to everyone here. I am not new to these third gen Mustangs. I bought my first one when I was 19 in the military. I ordered a 84 5.0 LX model with T-Tops and aluminum rims. Silver hatchback charcoal grey interior. It took two months to get it. Put over 100k miles on it, repainted twice and eventually sold it to my cousin after having it for 12 years. He still has it to this day.

Now I have been feeling the need to go back to that car. So I picked up two 83 mustangs to do a frame up restoration. Back to stock as much as I can do with what is available. One car is a GL model and the other one is a GT shell, for parts only. No engine, trans or interior. Has good hood with scoop and hatch with the three piece spoiler, and traction lock rearend, and most important thing to me is it has T-Tops. The GL is complete. I will be using the GL model car to turn it into a GT.

I have already started tearing off the parts from the GT to use on the GL. T-Tops frame is pulled and will be transplanted into the GL.

So that is the basics for now. Hope to be posting a lot here in the future.

I have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to working on cars especially Mustangs. I Know the cars from bumper to bumper. I can fix anything on them from engine rebuilds as well as transmissions, manual or automatic. My last Mustang was a 94 with a 347 and Vortech making over 800 HP at the engine.

So looking forward to helping out here as much as I can. Will also be looking for parts.

Don Gabel

Hey don welcome to FEP!!! lets see some pics! !

Welcome Don, looking forward to watching your build.