Hello FEP members.

I been a member here since shortly after inheriting my 84 LX convertible from my mother who was a Mustang enthusiast. Restoring the Convertible which was in bad shape helped a lot to cope with the grief.

I am planning a car show/cruise to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This is a personal thing for me as this is what my mom died from. Since its been more than 2 years since her passing I feel the time is right for me to do something to honor her.

I have gotten permission from the Commissioner of Hempstead Parks to use either Point Lookout or Lido Beach as the location. Tentatively set for one weekend after Labor Day. Just wasn't enough time to do this before Memorial Day and they cant give me access to the parking lot during summer beach season.

SO:

The plan is to enter as many Mustangs, muscle cars, street rods and other bad ass vehicles as I can register and have them gather in the parking lot of whichever beach we settle on one Saturday or Sunday morning. At a determined time, all cars will exit the lot, and enter onto the Loop Parkway, then onto the Ocean Parkway, cruise in a convoy/motorcade for a few miles then turn around a pre determined spot and go back to the parking lot at the beach.

After returning to the parking lot it will be a car show and there will be food.

Still working out details with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the Town Of Hempstead Park Commissioners office.

So if were to be $20 or $25 per car to enter, would the Foxbody guys here be interested to go?