Close

Thread: Hood emblem

Default Hood emblem

I'm almost done in restoring my 83 1/2 Gt Turbo and I decided that I needed to do something original but also something I think the factory should have done with our cars . So when buying the emblems I bought 4 instead of three. The other three will go to the tail and the fenders as the originals were but I have decided to add one to the hood where the original GT was painted on. On cars black on black like mine instead of masking the matte paint to let the car color show through they painted the GT on in Silver then added twin silver nose stripes. I never liked that and to boot it didn't show the Turbo. So I added one to the hood with a surround of gloss black then added a red and silver nose stripe. Now it looks balanced to me. What do you all think? Personaly I LOVE it!

Name:  new hood decal and stripes.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  61.3 KB

I like the idea. And I think it's your car so who cares what we think. But I am not sure I like the execution. What is the shiny part surrounding the "GT Turbo" lettering. That might be just while you are testing the look. I don't like the shiny surrounding it and think it would look better the same sheen as the center of the hood. I do think it is an original idea for sure. I say go for it if you like the look
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775