Close

Default What are the CORRECT wheels for the GT350?

Hello gentlemen. My return to the Mustang world was launched Tuesday night with a knock on my door. A guy tracked me down to offer me his 1984 GT350 T-top car. I will be posting a thread with pictures and details. I am trying to figure out an offering price. I was not looking for a car, but I have an 84 SVO that would be a nice mate to his 84 Anny. I'm trying to figure out all the Anny stuff that is missing, so to start what are the CORRECT rims for this car?? Is it the TRX rims, because there are rims on it now with about 20 square holes going around the outside and some large center cap looking things in the middle. Are these an option for Annys, GT rims or just wrong? Lets get this mission started. New thread with pictures to come this weekend!
    84 SVO
    85 SVO (no driveline)
    86 GT 10.30 @ 129
    www.MadAdder.com
    www.MadAdderPowderCoating.com

We'll need pictures, but the TRX rims came with a special suspension package. The standard rims may be what's on the car. BTW, the TRX style rims are now being reproduced in "normal" diameters.

http://www.oldisnewagain.ca/listing/...0-convertible/

It is NOT this car, but these are the rims that are on the one I am looking at. I am conflicted as it needs restoration as cancer has set in to all the usual places, but I want to get as much detail as possible before jumping in.
    84 SVO
    85 SVO (no driveline)
    86 GT 10.30 @ 129
    www.MadAdder.com
    www.MadAdderPowderCoating.com

14" 16-slot wheels were standard
    metric TRX wheels were optional

Both came with Handling Suspension package but each wheel had unique Handling Suspension package parts
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    14" 16-slot wheels were standard
    metric TRX wheels were optional

Both came with Handling Suspension package but each wheel had unique Handling Suspension package parts
    Were the TRX's still avail as a credit? I remember you saying this; "The TRX wheels and tires that your GT has actually came with an invoice credit of $27, so the standard cast aluminum wheels would have been more expensive."

Yes, still a $27 credit in 1984 for the GT and Turbo GT.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Can the TRX option be determined through buck tag or door tag? Or would he need to order a Marti report unless he could find the build sheet?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    '84 Tu Tone Coupe 5.0/T-5 Dark Academy Blue/Light Academy Blue Glow
    '86 Mercury ASC McLaren Coupe 049 - November '16 ROTM

It's not on the door tag, buck tag, or warranty plate (on the owner card). Would need the original window sticker, build/broadcast sheet, invoice (or Eminger invoice/copy), or a Marti report.

OR you could measure diameter of the front stabilizer bar. The TRX package had a larger front bar. That is, of course, assuming the bar is original.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    It's not on the door tag, buck tag, or warranty plate (on the owner card). Would need the original window sticker, build/broadcast sheet, invoice (or Eminger invoice/copy), or a Marti report.

OR you could measure diameter of the front stabilizer bar. The TRX package had a larger front bar. That is, of course, assuming the bar is original.
    Thank you sir. Great info!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    '84 Tu Tone Coupe 5.0/T-5 Dark Academy Blue/Light Academy Blue Glow
    '86 Mercury ASC McLaren Coupe 049 - November '16 ROTM