Close

Default 1985 GT Right Fender 'Spat' / Lower Extension Compatibility

Hey all. I've recently acquired a 1985 GT T-Top car. It has 85k original miles. Though it isn't road worthy yet it has zero rust. Floor boards are excellent, no cracks in the strut towers, and both quarter panels are perfect where they join with the rockers on the inside jamb. The original doors are still on the car as well and only have minor corrosion at the bottoms where the seam sealer is / was. The fact i found this car in this condition is beyond me. The car came from Florida and it suffers from major heat related paint damage as well as a very, very, very faded interior with typical interior wear for the year. But to the point.

The exterior is almost all there save for the left fender rear molding and right fender lower extension / spat. I know the 1979 - 1990 fenders are the same and that the 1991 - 1993 fenders had slightly different dimensions for larger front wheels, thus the spats for the 91 - 93's were different.

Will the 'Spat' (I just want to call it a lower extension) from the 1987 - 1990 LX fender fit my 85 GT? If it does indeed fit is the appearance the same or would i have to get a matching set? I am having a hard time locating a used one from an 85 or 86 much less a reproduction. Though my Google-Fu is decent i can't find an answer.

Thanks for reading,
    Motor

You are stuck with finding one from an 85-86 or an 84 1/2 GT. The later ones are different.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Thanks the help. And the hunt shall commence again...

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsport71 View Post
    Thanks the help. And the hunt shall commence again...
    You needn't look very far...

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...der-extensions
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Post some pictures of the car.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited