Close

Thumbs up 1982 Mustang GT 5.0 Alpine Cassette Radio Original How many are left out there!?

Just Curious to see how many are out there with an Original Alpine Cassette Radio's in there Ponys
    Mines still Kicking Strong can never seem to find anyone else with one. I can't be the only one!

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 82 Pony View Post
    Just Curious to see how many are out there with an Original Alpine Cassette Radio's in there Ponys
    Mines still Kicking Strong can never seem to find anyone else with one. I can't be the only one!
    In 1989, I had a pull out version of these in my 1981 coupe (first car). Yes, the "whole" thing pulled out, not the face plate. Of course a person eventually got tired of pulling it out and carrying around when you weren't in the car!

Leaving it in one night was the reason someone broke in, stole the car and then burned it. When I looked at it in the police yard after, the pull out deck was the only thing gone. They didn't even take the amp under the seat or the speakers. Such a waste (although if that never happened I wouldn't have bought the '85 TC I got after it).

I have an early 90's Alpine CD player in my '82 still. It is a removable face plate one.

FEP Power Member

Had one in my first 80 Mustang. Would love to find another one for my current 82 GT....

Quote Originally Posted by 82 Pony View Post
    Pic? I've had several Alpines (but never an '82 GT) and have always trusted the brand.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Mine is not a Mustang but I have an original Alpine 7272 in my '86 Capri. That is what McLaren put in them when they did the conversion. It still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer82gt View Post
    Had one in my first 80 Mustang. Would love to find another one for my current 82 GT....
    They have 3 or 4 on e-bay right now.