Close

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Default NOS 1988-1993 FORD MUSTANG POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE getting some attention!

1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

that's funny. i threw mine out because i did a wire tuck and needed a longer one.
    i have a 1992 GT, 4.10, 5spd.

There's an ass to fit every saddle.

FEP Supporter

Wow, at almost $180 with a day left.

I got linked to a similar ad with OEM positive AND negative cable that seems almost the same and for a much better price. Seems legit with a nreplacement part number E8ZZ instead of E8ZF. It has an extra insulator on the clamp end too. Is that a deduction in a concours show?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-Fo...3D152023609763

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Wow, at almost $180 with a day left.

I got linked to a similar ad with OEM positive AND negative cable that seems almost the same and for a much better price. Seems legit with a nreplacement part number E8ZZ instead of E8ZF. It has an extra insulator on the clamp end too. Is that a deduction in a concours show?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-Fo...3D152023609763

I imagine it could be a deduction from a concours show, they can get pretty anal, but it would definitely be a deduction from your banking account/

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

I like this as a concours guy. It is good for the hobby. It shows people are taking these cars serious.

The beauty of this hobby is that you decide how to make your car. There is room for every style
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Quote Originally Posted by 79mustangcobra View Post
    I like this as a concours guy. It is good for the hobby. It shows people are taking these cars serious.

The beauty of this hobby is that you decide how to make your car. There is room for every style
    I agree.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

I agree also.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by gt pony View Post
    I imagine it could be a deduction from a concours show, they can get pretty anal, but it would definitely be a deduction from your banking account/

Definitley a deduction to the wallet and definitely your decision to purchase for what you need.

My naive question on points was for a judged type of show; would the one I linked (service replacement parts?) pass and not be a deduction for having an "original" like the one originally posted?

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Definitley a deduction to the wallet and definitely your decision to purchase for what you need.

My naive question on points was for a judged type of show; would the one I linked (service replacement parts?) pass and not be a deduction for having an "original" like the one originally posted?
    Darran, I think it's like the radiator cap question. For concours, the more accurate the less deduction. So a later replacement Motorcraft part is better than an aftermarket piece.

But if you're being judged in one of the other categories originality doesn't have the same weight.

I also agree it's nice to see these NOS parts being seen as valuable. Means people are developing a greater respect for our generation Mustangs.

Only problem for us doing concours restorations is the budget busting cost of some parts. But the finished product will be worth the pain... I hope.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    '84 Tu Tone Coupe 5.0/T-5 Dark Academy Blue/Light Academy Blue Glow
    '86 Mercury ASC McLaren Coupe 049 - November '16 ROTM