Close

Default Driveshaft length question

I have a 46.5 in driveshaft that I want to put into my fox that has a 5.0, c4 and 8.8 rear end. I think it's supposed to be 45.5 from research done on the forum. Will this pose any problems when installing or should I just look for another driveshaft. Thanks.

I doubt it. It would probably bottom out when the rear suspension compresses. It needs room to move in and out of the transmission, in accordance with suspension travel.

You should take the proper measurement between your transmission and rearend, to be certain what length you really do need.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

My reading said 3/4" of travel from where the yoke bottoms out should be acceptable.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar