Close

Default Cobra Brakes on the GT350

I'm in the middle of converting my Brakes over to 13" Cobra's and 11.65" Rears.
    I hope to get it done soon. This car has been an on again/off again 7 year project so far! hahahaha
    I will be selling my 99-04 front setup (PBR Dual Piston) soon.
    What do you think? I might paint the Cobra letters white but I figured I'd see how the brushed silver looks first.

Name:  20160305_122236.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  92.8 KBName:  20160305_122903.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  111.6 KBName:  20160305_122843.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  95.7 KB
    '70 Mach I, Sold and Regret Every Second of it!!!
    '78 King Cobra, Sold
    '84-1/2 GT350 Vert. (My Latest Toy)

FEP Supporter

Looks great from here!
    '85 GT

What are you running on the rear end? I'm starting the same swap but trying to work out the details for the rear axle.

I had upgraded to an 8.8 with fox length 5 lug Moser axles. I ended up using the Cobra rear mounting kit, but cut and flipped the axle brackets and cut and rewelded the anti-moans. So I've got the 11.65 rotors and cobra caliper mounts. Painted them the same color as the front calipers. The rotors actually look small but the wheels are 18"

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  113.9 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  97.9 KB
    Last edited by jules; 05-20-2016 at 07:14 AM.
    '78 King Cobra, Sold

looks great to me. that's the single best upgrade ive ever done.

I approve.

Looks great! I know what I'll be doing now.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    I had upgraded to an 8.8 with fox length 5 lug Moser axles. I ended up using the Cobra rear mounting kit, but cut and flipped the axle brackets and cut and rewelded the anti-moans. So I've got the 11.65 rotors and cobra caliper mounts. Painted them the same color as the front calipers. The rotors actually look small but the wheels are 18"

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  113.9 KB
    I am not disputing what you are saying, I just do not understand what you are saying. First off, that looks awesome. Second, the rotors don't look small to me at all. Third, I am sitting here staring at my stock Cobra and I just don't understand what you mean by flipping the calipers. What did you cut and flip exactly. Just curious what kind of mod this was and why it was needed is all.

Looks Great! Keep up the good work.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

It's all good.

I chose to use Fox length axles. They are 3/4" Shorter than SN95 Axles. To make the Ford Racing Cobra rear brake kit work (they were designed for the SN95 axles), you need to swap the left and right axle to caliper brackets and notch them. They mount on the other side of the axle flange on the differential to make up the 3/4" difference. Also, the anti moans are now mounted more inboard and have to be shortend. I cut them and re-welded them back together.
    There are a few write-ups about this online.
    I already had the kit so ponying up the extra cash for the North Racecar brackets made no sense to me.
    '78 King Cobra, Sold