25 10.08%
  • 36-45

75 30.24%
  • 46-55

96 38.71%
  • 56++

38 15.32%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I remember my Mom picking me up and setting me down in front of the TV to watch the first moon landing...

It's funny, ten years ago, the median age here was probably drastically lower than it is now.
    There were more of these cars falling into the hands of 16-25 year-olds, and there were more 16-25 year-olds who would consider driving one of these cars. The forum was more active after midnight back then IIRC, too.
    Even if you took the current active membership/posters and subtracted ten years, the median age would probably still be higher now, than it was then.

I guess those days are why we still have smilies like these: I think there were some other ones in this vein, which disappeared within the last year or so. Just kind of funny how a very civilized board like this has those. How often do they get used?
    And no, I'm not advocating their removal. I am indifferent on the matter, and just curious.

We are old enough to know better than to look to the Model T boards, in order to try to get an idea of where this one will go demographically, in the future...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Blog Entries

you forgot this one. Always makes me cringe.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

I'm 41 and I've had my main Fox since five months after I got my driver's license. Been plenty of other ones mixed in there too.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    you forgot this one. Always makes me cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    I guess those days are why we still have smilies like these: I think there were some other ones in this vein, which disappeared within the last year or so. Just kind of funny how a very civilized board like this has those. How often do they get used?
    And no, I'm not advocating their removal. I am indifferent on the matter, and just curious.
    Come on......those are great! Wait....maybe I'm still in the young enough age bracket to laugh at them.

I couldn't resist....sorry LOL!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

I am 47. I bought my first fox body, an 85 GT T-Top, in 86. I was 18 at the time. I have always owned at least one fox body ever since. 40 years of consecutive fox ownership. I love these cars. Always have, always will.

BTW, I spent two and a half hours teaching my two daughters, ages 9 and 8, how to pitch in softball. When one took a break, the other pitched. I did not get any breaks, and I can barely move this morning. My legs, right arm, and especially my lower back are so sore. And that is after taking two doses of ibuprofen. I can't believe how old I feel!
    Last edited by bullittm3; 02-29-2016 at 09:16 AM.

I was mainly into 67-70 Mustangs from age 15-23. I also built several used Ford 4x4 trucks and Jeeps. I liked the 79 Pace Car when it first came out but I was only 17 at the time and had NO chance to buy one. I test drove many Mustang and Capri from 1979-85 but never could get financed. I finally got my first new Mustang in 1987 at age 25, it was a black LX 5.0 similar to the pic below. Man I loved that car! Sadly she got totaled before her second birthday. The only car I totaled to this day! Being my first new Mustang it's on my short list of cars to own again. The problem is I want a nice driver, a mostly stock example, which is gonna cost some coin! Back to trying to afford my first Fox

Name:  1989_00045_05.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  80.4 KB

Speaking of age I was going to come up on the web so I could vote but can't seem to remember my password. Anyhoo, I'm 49 bought the Firefox last year. My coworker has an 88 that I liked. Ive been a hotrod guy for years I have owned a 52 crestline for almost 10 years. Just getting to a point in my life where I can afford these things.

Wow, 93% of us are age 36-54+

Must be the lack of an infotainment system

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post

I quite enjoy the simplicity of my Stang. No extra BS to get in the way of the driving experience which makes this car really enjoyable.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

No, these cars and the Camaros/Firebirds were the hot cars when this age group was in high school or their early 20's. When I was in high school, it was the 68-72 GM, Ford, and Mopar, muscle cars. Unfortunately, I couldn't, and still can't, afford a nice car from that period. Hence, the foxbody Mustang was a perfect fit for a toy for me after the kids got out of college.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

I seriously debated removing the radio from mine!
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

I'll be turning 57 soon. Have owned my 85 since new.

The main difference for me is that when something used to go wrong with the car I was somewhat obsessive about getting it fixed. Now, especially since it isn't my daily driver, I let it sit and think, "I really need to get to that." Then something else comes along.

It's not drivable now because the electric radiator fan fell out due to someone, who shall go nameless, not mounting it very well. It got dragged down the road then crushed when the wires finally let go and I ran over it. But, warm weather is approaching and I'm thinking it's time to get a replacement and get it installed. Lying on the ground doing the install just doesn't have the appeal that it used to but I'll get it done.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

Couldn't decide if I should vote by physical age, 42, or mental age, 14!

It's great how people from all walks of life, and different generations, can find a common bond and enjoy "talking shop" as we do. I've been involved with many different brands and groups, this site is the reason I've come back to my first love '84 5.0 HO. Life at 17 in a small town, with that car was too much fun. How my dad kept my insurance in place I don't know. Probably paid more a month than I did on my car payment.

It'll be 25 years since my GT was totaled, how cool to roll in my new pride and joy for the silver anniversity.
    '84 Tu Tone Coupe 5.0/T-5 Dark Academy Blue/Light Academy Blue Glow
    '86 Mercury ASC McLaren Coupe 049 - November '16 ROTM

And they say you have to be young to use social media..... Not!!!!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    When I was in high school, it was the 68-72 GM, Ford, and Mopar, muscle cars. Unfortunately, I couldn't, and still can't, afford a nice car from that period. Hence, the foxbody Mustang was a perfect fit for a toy for me after the kids got out of college.
    My story exactly!

By the time I was done with the raising a family thing I wanted to buy a muscle car but quickly found out I couldn't afford the ones from my youth. The Mustang was a good alternative. It does everything those cars could for way less money.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Blog Entries

Keep in mind, there's a huge sample bias by asking it on the forums. If we were able to properly poll Instagram followers, we'd see a largely under-35 crowd.

For the age of the cars and the format (forum on a website), the results make sense.

Hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    Keep in mind, there's a huge sample bias by asking it on the forums. If we were able to properly poll Instagram followers, we'd see a largely under-35 crowd.

For the age of the cars and the format (forum on a website), the results make sense.

I'd say maybe under 40. As myself 38, remember seeing these cars, as well as all my friends, and thinking how awesome these cars were. Our "muscle cars."

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    I quite enjoy the simplicity of my Stang. No extra BS to get in the way of the driving experience which makes this car really enjoyable.
    I couldn't agree more. I love the experience of an analog drive. I hate all the electronic gingerbread on today's car.

53 in April. Sounds like bubble wrap when I get out of bed but everything still works.

The demographics are unsurprising to me as well. The largest age group represented here are those of us who grew up with these cars. just like the earlier baby boomers all wanted sixties and seventies cars when they reached that point in life where toys were obtainable again, we are going for the cars of our era.

I'm just past 51, so as a tail end baby boomer I can relate some to the earlier muscle cars, but I have good memories of riding around in a friends 86 GT T-top and other eighties vintage stuff.

49 here. Couldn't even think of buying a new one. Built my first car in 85, 65 Futura Falcon (still have it). My first Foxbody was a 88 LX 5.0 ( first new car). My first foureye was a 84 T-Bird in 94 (Fila edition). Can't believe how the years have flown by.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  77.6 KB
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

47, and been driving a fox since 1986 when i bought my first car. Never looked back.....

Me in 1987 at 18 with my newly acquired Thunderbird with 17K miles and a cross between Risky business and Top Gun fashion.......
    1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    1987 Mercury Cougar XR-7 5.0 (Traded)
    1989 Lincoln LSC 5.0 HO (Sold)
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0 LS2 (1 of 555)
    2011 Ford Flex SEL (Family Hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by MY70GT View Post
    47, and been driving a fox since 1986 when i bought my first car. Never looked back.....

Me in 1987 at 18 with my newly acquired Thunderbird with 17K miles and a cross between Risky business and Top Gun fashion.......
    The Duke of Long Island!

Both look sharp!

Gotta love those leather bomber jackets!!
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast