25 10.08%
  • 36-45

75 30.24%
  • 46-55

96 38.71%
  • 56++

38 15.32%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default how old are we early fox owners!!!!

I wanna get an idea of our age group for 79-86 foxes.

This will be interesting. I'm willing to bet, there won't be many young bucks into these cars. Their "muscle" cars are probably a 2000 GT.

Thats the conversation me and my buddy just had.... definitely interesting

Blog Entries

Well, I'll be 53 in April. I've had some form of Fox continuously since 1981 when I bought my first new car, a two tone Capri with the hot 255 in her.
    Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

If you would have asked me 2 days ago, and I would have been in the 36-45 range. What a difference a day.... and a birthday makes. lol
    Have
    86 Coupe LX Conversion 5.0 5spd
    70 Mustang Conv. My 1st car. Still have it.
    70 Ranchero 302 Auto
    07 Focus daily driver

Totaled
    70 Ranchero 351C Auto
    85 Coupe 1 of 62 Sand Beige

Well, I voted.

Having owned the car for almost 32 years, I guess I'm not on the lower end of the scale.

But, that's ok, it's not all about age. I've had the opportunity to play with these cars for a long time.

It's more about how you feel 18 again when you get behind the wheel and I bet I've felt 18 more times than most
    Rob

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by cmgramza View Post
    If you would have asked me 2 days ago, and I would have been in the 36-45 range. What a difference a day.... and a birthday makes. lol
    That's funny. Today, I'm in the 36-45 range. In a couple of weeks I'll move up in the ranks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

I am probably the youngest one here with 21 years.

This has been done before but the demographics do change as the years go by so it doesn't hurt to run the poll again from time to time.

As I would have thought it looks like we are a more shall we say "mature" group here. Although my wife might mention that maturity doesn't automatically come with age. Surely that's not a reference to me when she says that?

At 64 I'm in the upper echelon of age here, but certainly not the only geezer.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I'm guessing the average age to be 50-52 years of age based upon buying your first fox in 1982 when you were 16-18 years old. This was the car of your dreams in high school. You almost always love you your first car from high school, unless you parents bought you an AMC Pacer.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

I'll be 28 in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    This has been done before but the demographics do change as the years go by so it doesn't hurt to run the poll again from time to time.

As I would have thought it looks like we are a more shall we say "mature" group here. Although my wife might mention that maturity doesn't automatically come with age. Surely that's not a reference to me when she says that?

Life is funny, with any luck, we get to older!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post

Mike, I to fit in the in the upper choice. So I don't have to watch dates.
    And my wife also questions my "maturity".
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    I'm guessing the average age to be 50-52 years of age based upon buying your first fox in 1982 when you were 16-18 years old. This was the car of your dreams in high school. You almost always love you your first car from high school, unless you parents bought you an AMC Pacer.
    I am in that small group of buying Four Eyes brand new with the first one when I was 24.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

I'm also one of the older ones here,but unlike most of everyone here I got a late start on my fox buying,I didn't get my first fox till 1997 but there has been at least one in the shop ever since
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dog View Post
    Mike, I to fit in the in the upper choice. So I don't have to watch dates.
    And my wife also questions my "maturity".

I am in that small group of buying Four Eyes brand new with the first one when I was 24.
    Heck, I bought my first one when I was 58
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

couldn't you break the top ages into continuing groups of 5 years? That way I wouldn't feel quiete so old.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Hmm, the bulk of enthusiasts in the 45-55 range bodes well for our segment? People often talk about how the hobby will peter out as boomers retire. Our 45-55 segment has a good 10-20 years of hobby left in us!!

I don't think the gear head in us ever dies. My FIL is 63 and working on his 79 Vette. He's dumped a lot of money in the engine alone, just to go fast. I think the only thing that changes is how we do things. In my early 20's I didn't have the patience to wait for "help" to wrestle the rear end into place, or to install a transmission. I'd just slid under the car, and do it myself. Screw that stuff anymore. I can wait for help. Muscles just don't recover like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gt351w View Post
    I don't think the gear head in us ever dies. My FIL is 63 and working on his 79 Vette. He's dumped a lot of money in the engine alone, just to go fast. I think the only thing that changes is how we do things. In my early 20's I didn't have the patience to wait for "help" to wrestle the rear end into place, or to install a transmission. I'd just slid under the car, and do it myself. Screw that stuff anymore. I can wait for help. Muscles just don't recover like they used to.
    I'm 36, soon to be 37. I agree that the body doesn't quite work like it used to in my 20's. Working in a demanding field, my body just isn't what it should be at my age. It's battered pretty hard but yet I still fly solo on most things because if I waited for help, I would never get things done. I figure by my late 40's I will be turning wrenches on my HoverRound.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 02-28-2016 at 10:22 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Sorry to report, it gets much worse after 40, and even worse after 50, sometimes I am genuinely spooked when a physical task I have done a thousand times leaves me feeling like I should call 911, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    Sorry to report, it gets much worse after 40, and even worse after 50, sometimes I am genuinely spooked when a physical task I have done a thousand times leaves me feeling like I should call 911, maybe.

Amen Brother!!! I will be 47 in March and after 30+ years in construction, automotive, and a few years in the oil fields, my body is definitely worse for wear!

I still do most everything, but my body definitely doesn't like many of my decisions and choices the next day . . . or week . . . or . . . .

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Amen Brother!!! I will be 47 in March and after 30+ years in construction, automotive, and a few years in the oil fields, my body is definitely worse for wear!

I still do most everything, but my body definitely doesn't like many of my decisions and choices the next day . . . or week . . . or . . . .

Trey
    Greater truths have never been spoken!

I'm 27, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about and I'm not listening either. Ignorance is bliss!

I joined this site when I was 20. A lot has changed in the past 8 years but the Capri is still kickin' it.
    Brian

1982 Capri 5.0L
    1965 Fastback project car - more rusty than not

I am 43 now and my biggest issue is that I can still do the work but just take so long on finishing a project jumping from one thing to another been working on my silver 82 gt for 3 years now have had every bolt and nut apart on it the car runs and drives great and this year it is finally being painted and finally finished I hope it's gets tuff sometime but the end results will be nice

My eyes, ears, knees, hips, shoulders, and lower back are all shot. Doc says I have the heart of a 30 year old. Thank god my hands still work good so I can shift gears and play my guitars! (albeit a bit slower)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast