Close

Thumbs up help me find my lost kitty

help me find my lost cat.last seen in the pottsville/schuylkill haven/orwigsburg area of schuylkill county PA about 20 years ago.it was a CC but was repainted in electric currant red metallic,had a hole cut in hood for a 2x4 tunnelram(dumbass 24 yo me)and a unique feature of drivers side power window and manual pass side(L door got crushed and that was the only one i could find at the time).was probably sold to last known owner without engine,i sold it without engine and the guy i sold it to didnt install one.any help would be GREATLY appreciated,thanks,george
    i purchased car at Gold Star FLM in Shenandoah PA, mid '88 where it was traded in.i owned it for 4-5 years and had many happy miles in that car from road trips to drag strips...

well i'm sad to report that i just spoke with the last owner of my CC and he told me that that car was sent to the scrapyard quite a few years ago when scrap prices were up.seems his brother thaought he would do him a favor and took several of his foxes to the yard for him.on the bright side he said he saved the interior and has it in storage at his dad's place.he said he will get a look to see what he has and let me know...i guess some of my car back is better than none!
    Last edited by wishistillhademine; 03-26-2016 at 04:24 PM. Reason: additional info

Welcome to the site and good luck with your search. I hope you are able to track it down. Do you have the VIN number?

i dont think i do.i will have to go through old paperwork and hopefully get lucky.i do have some pictures though,i will try to post some pics of when i bought it and after i repainted it.

i dont think i do.i will have to go through old paperwork and hopefully get lucky.i do have some pictures though,i will try to post some pics of when i bought it and after i repainted it.i didnt know what i had until stumbling upon this site on saturday,when i joined.ive been saying to my wife for a few years now i wish i still had my capri.....i wish i still had my capri...i wish i still had my capri...i had a friend from back in the day that owned an 82 BM,ran into him a few weeks ago after not seeing him for years, and the first thing we talked about was our capris....

Yeah, post up some pictures. Someone might recognize it. I let my first Capri get away as well. Didn't find it but got another one. Hopefully you will be able to find it.

Here is a 79 that is really close to what you describe. I was going to take a look at this one as it is in my city.

http://www.racingjunk.com/1960-1979/...-fron-fla.html

The car that wishistillhademine is looking for is a Crimson Cat from 1983 (the only year they were made).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

pappy72, COLOR is close to what i repainted on mine. wheels similar to what i had too after TRX tire sticker shock!

FEP Senior Member cobracomander's Avatar

There was a red crimson cat 5-6 years ago in the u-pullit in Tully town pa. I have some of the parts from it on my cobra, it's long gone now. The guy I bought my cobra had picked some parts off it and came with my cobra. Had 3 ring steering wheel with column. Was told it had nice red seats, and was a decent car to be in a u-pullit. My buddy saw the car and may have a photo off it.
    1979 Mustang Cobra wht/green v8
    1984 Mustang GT-350 Convertible
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab Trd 4x4 off road- (daily driver)
    1968 Mustang Conv (Eleanor Project)
    2009 Honda crv.

well i guess it could be my old one.certainly not that far away.the search will continue..i plan on seeing the guy i sold it to this weekend to see if he knows if the guy he sold it too has it or not.planning on some serious searching for VIN and getting a few pix posted this weekend.just gotta figure out how to get paper photo to digital format.us old guys arent too tech savvy...

FEP Senior Member cobracomander's Avatar

Cell phone take a picture of a picture, then post it from photo bucket.
    1979 Mustang Cobra wht/green v8
    1984 Mustang GT-350 Convertible
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab Trd 4x4 off road- (daily driver)
    1968 Mustang Conv (Eleanor Project)
    2009 Honda crv.

2 things to mention,,,,,1/ i got a lead on where my CC may have went....it may be less than 10 miles from my house!i was talking to a friend of mine over the weekend who talked to another, who talked to the guy i sold to (whew!)and he said that (as far as he knows)the guy he sold it to bought it and still has it sitting in a field at his house...(can ya tell i'm a little excited?). AND 2/ i got 2 pics uploaded to photobucket but i cant seem to get them over to this site.any help would be great,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pappy.72 View Post
    Here is a 79 that is really close to what you describe. I was going to take a look at this one as it is in my city.

http://www.racingjunk.com/1960-1979/...-fron-fla.html
    "... TUNNEL RAM 2 650 HOLLEYS ITS FAST ITS STRONG LOTS OF HORSE POWER SOUNDS GOOD BREAKS NEED BLEEDING AFTER CAR WARMS UPS IT HAS A MISS/ OR IM THINKING CARBS HAVE TO BE ADJS BOGS AFTER WARM UP FLOAT ADJUSTMENT?..."

Gee, I wonder if two 650 double pumpers with no secondary accelerator pumps has anything to do with that?... LOL!!!
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

i know i had to jet mine way down to get to get to keep from flooding out.WAY too much carb,way too little cam..it did LOOK cool tho

see original post for final update...

Well that had a sad ending.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

bittersweet i would call it.bitter cuz i know i cant get it back,but sweet that no one else will either.i can say i was the last one to drive it.have my eye on ann RS thats on craigslist now and bm that a friend of mine had.talked to him yesterday and the guy he sold it to bought it and put it in shed.supposed to have put a motorsport crate engine in it and that was it.he said the guy would probably sell it.only thing that scares me about it the whole thing is it has a reconstucted title.i know when my friend had it ,it was wrecked at least 3 times that i know of.once being enough for insurance co. to total it.that doesnt mean that the car isnt safe tobe back on road,just sayin

I just joined a few days ago. I have a t-top CC for sale. Trying to figure out how to post it.
    Gpa's Cat