Close

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

New Zealand is really small, but has a lot of cool cars in it. For a person like me, I can find anything if I just look. Noramlly, I just wait for the sound of a Fazz, a Lamborghini, or a 351C, or Cheysler Hemi 265 Six pack, and you follow your nose. As a cleaner, I got to see all of them up close an personal.

Like this 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo, now on sale in TrademeNZ. Saw it outside Wains Hotel/The Mecure in 2011. Won't tell you who the former owner was, might get in trouble...

My dad was purchasing officer for a municipal power utility company. He used to drag me along to see every boat or goods train that arrived into Port Otago or Dunedin or Central Otago because he used to give word to his brother ( paint, electrical and tanery chemicals) and cousins (Orchardists) of the transfer in and out of important goods. You know, as an ex Territorial, Bank clerk and holder of the aprons at the club of set sqaures and dividers, the Masons control the world and Dad said it was just making sure he knew the state of the flock. So the Old Man asks me about how things are every now and then, and I keep him informed, because it would be rude not to. Because, "he knows people"

He had the odd supply line for electrical goods via NEC and GEC too...they got kinda critical when hydro stations were being made and serviced. For me, it ment an early diet of every Ford made in New Zealand from 1962 to 1996, which he drove home from the vehicle pool each night. Poor guy often got stuck with the 302 Cleveland Auto XY Falcon Station wagon. And he took me on made cap dashes to see every imported car that was visiable. I still go to the same places and see them on occassion.

Funniest one was in early 1979. On a tip off from a buddy, he took me at 11 pm at night to the local bakers shed, where a White 188 hp 4.9 Fairmont Ghia resided with its engine idling doiing some , well before the car was relased in New Zealand.

Dad has had to put up with a lot of crap been named Mr X (named regg Chappell, but it was poor old Trevor who followed his advice, as in Trevor Chappell, the now infamous Australian under arm bowler who beat New Zealand with a special low ball ander advice of his borther. Anyone with that name in New Zealand is considered a bit of an underarm bowler, a bad sport. So he got called Mr X .

So the Old Man has taught me how to under arm bowl in order to win a match or score a vehicle siting. Because it would be rude not to.

In the same vein in always being at the right place at the right time, the Red Maserati Merak that blew my door handles off my Explorer in Te Anau Milford Highway in 2013 was this restored car below.

Sounded like an odd fire Buick, (its an odd fire Alloy V6 based on a cut down Maserati Quad Cam V, but even without the 220 hp of the later version, it high tailed it out of site very quickly for a car that olny did 143 mph and 15.7 second quarters.. The long blonde haired and very cool dude driving pulled up for gas at the local station later on, and he had a "seat cover" in the passenger seat. She was a lot like Dirty Mary and he was like Crazy Larry. But I might of gotten that the wrong way around.

In 2015, I devaned a boring Honda Accord Euro form an Austrailan container, like I did a less boring 362 hp twin cam in line six Falcon G6 Turbo a few weeks ago....but there was a 1978 Ford Ranchero pickup on its rims. Beige with a nice 351m in it I think. But right beside it was THIS, a Pearlescent Yellow Maserati Bora 4.7 with the stainless steel roof they had. Off for restroration, probably with one of our many Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato and Jaguar C type coach builders down here.

It was this car,

but the number plate had been removed. Good idea. Why you'd devalue even an early, 310 hp, 160 mph, 0-60 in 6.5 sec and 14.5 second quarter mile car with a Boxer Berlinetta 512 number plate....everyone knows the Maserati was a better car, maybee with less peak power, but less weight, and requiring less revs to do its job. And a GT40 gearbox and Citroen brakes and a 0.32 drag factor. Then it got the 330 hp 4.9 V8 and another 17 mph for 177 mph. The Ferrari never did the 188 it claimed, nor did it ever handle as well as the Maser.

FEP Power Member

The two Ramblers are around the corner from me. They are 5 or 6 houses and across the street away from each other. The caddy is something I saw parked in an empty lot when I was out getting a haircut just now. Suede black paint, immaculate two-tone leather interior, if it runs and drives decently it could be worth the $20k he's asking. The Delorean is something I saw at a stop sign a year or so ago and uploaded then.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    65-66 Mustang with a retractable roof

I've never seen that setup on a Mustang. Factory? Or did someone modify it with a T-Bird top system.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    I've never seen that setup on a Mustang. Factory? Or did someone modify it with a T-Bird top system.
    Check this out

http://www.mustangsplus.com/projects/retract1/

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...op-convertible
    Last edited by smitty54; 02-13-2016 at 08:10 PM.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    From the search I just did, looks like it's a kit. Ford toyed with the idea of making it a factory option when the first gen Mustangs came out. But the designer who made the retractable hardtop skyliners couldn't get the Mustang top to retract automatically, you had to get out of the car and do it all by hand. So Ford killed the project and the only prototype disappeared. When the designer retired he went to the aftermarket and found a company willing to put his design out as a kit, but you still have to get out of the car and put the top down by hand.

That one looks like a kit. The original prototype had the rear deck hinged beneath the taillights.

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    Our coolest ride a 1972 Trojan
    Powered by twin 351 H.O.
    Nice. F 36?

Quote Originally Posted by 9D83 View Post
    Nice. F 36?
    Thanks!

She is an F36 survivor!

Mike1157

One of my favs, also a formidable pony car back in the day.
    Just the right combination of dork, and muscle.

Hurst SC/ Rambler 315 hp, 390 ci. And Red, White, and Blue Everywhere. It'd be like driving an American flag.
    Last edited by Mike1157; 02-14-2016 at 03:46 PM.

My cousin Sly had a 69 Scrambler. Loved that car! ^

They also made the SC/Rambler in this paint scheme

Name:  1969-scrambler-2.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  102.6 KB

Thanks!

She is an F36 survivor!
    Love the old glass. Have a part interest in a Commander. Seen better days I'm afraid. She is our little hole in the water. Only reason we didn't go for a better example was the repower. 327Qs replaced with Chrysler-Mitsu diesels. This seemed like a good choice 3 yrs ago when gas was in the stratosphere...

Love the old glass. Have a part interest in a Commander. Seen better days I'm afraid. She is our little hole in the water. Only reason we didn't go for a better example was the repower. 327Qs replaced with Chrysler-Mitsu diesels. This seemed like a good choice 3 yrs ago when gas was in the stratosphere...
    It doesn't get any better than this

Last edited by PaceFever79; 02-14-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Lol. Yup. And that's the reason we don't get as much done on her as we'd like to. Like that beer too. The Commonwealth's gift to America.

Like that beer too. The Commonwealth's gift to America.
    You mean it's not Iron City?
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    You mean it's not Iron City?
    Nope, we save that for Ohio tourists

Cool car and driver circa 1979

Name:  1979-chevrolet-corvette-road-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-5706-s-450x274.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  20.3 KB
    Last edited by PaceFever79; 02-15-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Just because......fishing, jeeps and beer go together. Outside our local Bag and Save.

Attachment 96306
    This just seemed necessary...

Do you know if this truck came from Ohio?

Were there any bumper stickers on the back, or any of the glass before the chop? Did it come with rusted Cragers?
    This truck was pulled out of the sticks around Forest, MS and had been there for quite some time. When he got it, it was basically a rotted out shell that he had to rebuild. Where it came from before then is anyone's guess.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Nope, we save that for Ohio tourists
    Watch it, mister...
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    This just seemed necessary...

LOL....nice mod Danny!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    Watch it, mister...
    It's all in good fun

I'm actually in Cleveland today!

It's all in good fun

I'm actually in Cleveland today!
    Do us Ohioans a favor, and stop and get some Burger beer, or maybe Wiedemann's.

Actually, the only time I had IC was as a tourist, as a young teenager visiting my Grandparents. I sneaked one out of the basement fridge. It was pretty bad, as I didn't grab another...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Lol. Yup. And that's the reason we don't get as much done on her as we'd like to. Like that beer too. The Commonwealth's gift to America.
    can't get that beer unless you're on the east coast. it's a shame too as every time i see it, it reminds me of suntan oil and strippers.
    i have a 1992 GT, 4.10, 5spd.

Do us Ohioans a favor, and stop and get some Burger beer, or maybe Wiedemann's.

Actually, the only time I had IC was as a tourist, as a young teenager visiting my Grandparents. I sneaked one out of the basement fridge. It was pretty bad, as I didn't grab another...
    I will try a Burger beer! Interestingly, Beer Advocate rates Burger 73 and Yuengling 78 with the slight nod to Yuengling and lot more votes.

actually it's only a gift to a few states. can't get that beer unless you're on the east coast. it's a shame too as every time i see it, it reminds me of suntan oil and strippers.
    i have a 1992 GT, 4.10, 5spd.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast