Close



Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 576 to 595 of 595
  1. #576

    Default

    Brubaker Box!!
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife

  2. #577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plstktnkr2 View Post
    When was the last time you saw a DIESEL Bill Blass MK VII IN PERSON???Attachment 120875
    1994. When the customer paid me to swap in a 5.0L/AOD in place of the BMW diesel...
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife

  3. #578

    Default

    I worked on one of those once. It had a stuck waste gate and would smoke the tires rolling in third gear at 30mph

  4. #579
    FEP Power Member plstktnkr2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Reisterstown ,Maryland
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Just a side note on that Bill Blass, the kid got it running after a 10 year sit in an afternoon he will restore the car, AND it came with a spare motor. twist the boost and maybe get a sleeper...
    66 Lincoln ragtop (1 of 1350) Project "Tuition" (for sale)
    83 Mustang GLX conv (in sonic blue)4.3/SC -coming soon! "Project Baby"
    '85 Lincoln Demers Hearse white/black crown 5.0 auto project: "Ligeia" (lee-jee-ah soft "g" sound)
    (see Edgar Allan Poe story by the same name)
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Limousine, Crafted by American Custom Coach Works- "Project Bertha"

    proud member 10 Hole Mafia and the anti-cowl club

  5. #580
    FEP Senior Member dtmilsap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rose Hill,Kansas
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Saw this yesterday by the kc speedway

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Saw this yesterday by the kc speedway

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    cool! I drove by there yesterday on the way home from Overland Park. Went down to KC with my wife and daughter to meet my son and his girl friend to hang out for the weekend. Heís at college in the Springfield MO area so KC metro is a good mid point.

    We were at World of Fun Saturday. Watched a bunch of knuckle heads get into a fight there. Security broke it up but then as they were being herded to the exit they started at it again and at security. Thatís about the time county sheriff department police officers came out of the woodwork. These a-holes got their class on why they need to know how to take verbal commands from an officer. They werenít nice like last time Neil, not nice like last time. Lol
    Last edited by erratic50; 10-22-2018 at 02:35 PM.

  7. #582
    FEP Senior Member dtmilsap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rose Hill,Kansas
    Posts
    699

    Default

    We were up there to visit ikea store and my daughter who is at ku, where having lunch at granite city when i spotted the car.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #583
    FEP Super Member gr79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,485

    Default

    Visiting a St. Clair Shores MI estate sale 10/6/18.
    Clean 1964 Buick Skylark, driven by millennial. Said it was fast.
    Name:  64 scs estate sale.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  145.2 KB
    Name:  64 scs estate sale (1).jpg
Views: 140
Size:  102.5 KB

  9. #584
    FEP Senior Member dtmilsap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rose Hill,Kansas
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Visiting a St. Clair Shores MI estate sale 10/6/18.
    Clean 1964 Buick Skylark, driven by millennial. Said it was fast.
    Name:  64 scs estate sale.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  145.2 KB
    Name:  64 scs estate sale (1).jpg
Views: 140
Size:  102.5 KB
    Only a millennial would think it is fast by today's cars standards.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  10. #585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Only a millennial would think it is fast by today's cars standards.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Neat old car! Might depend a little bit on what was done to it, but the rear contact patch suggests not much. LOL.

    I was around a few Grand Sports growing up that fell into the kick butt category even by today's standards, but the owner had completely and totally went off on it. Way more in the car than his house, etc. Don't see big Buick power too often anymore, but when someone does it right they are stout to say the least.

    I wouldn't know much about Buick power, except that I helped build a 79 Grand Prix with my dad and brother when I was in high school. They had their advantages and their flaws for sure. Hated the oil pump design!!

  11. #586

    Default

    In my work parking lot.

    Name:  1971 2.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  101.9 KB[ATTACH]124520[/ATTACH
    ]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1982 Mustang GT

  12. #587
    FEP Senior Member dtmilsap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Rose Hill,Kansas
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by york0060 View Post
    In my work parking lot.

    Name:  1971 2.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  101.9 KB[ATTACH]124520[/ATTACH
    ]
    Would give my first born for that car, then wife would kill me.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  13. #588
    Moderator wraithracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO/RR TX
    Posts
    11,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Would give my first born for that car, then wife would kill me.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    My Friend that has the 71 Grande Coupe 429 CJ that I am repainting has a Mach 1 like that in silver. I can't remember if it's a 71 or 72. Really nice car. His brother has another Mach 1 about the same year that needs to be restored, but he wants too much $$ for it to be worth buying.
    ​Trey

    "I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

    "I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

    Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Ongoing RestoModification
    1984 SVO Awaiting Restoration
    1986 GT Wrecked by PO, but still want to save!

    Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Underway
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

  14. #589
    FEP Senior Member dagenham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Duncannon PA
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    My Friend that has the 71 Grande Coupe 429 CJ that I am repainting has a Mach 1 like that in silver. I can't remember if it's a 71 or 72. Really nice car. His brother has another Mach 1 about the same year that needs to be restored, but he wants too much $$ for it to be worth buying.
    Sounds like he has BJS.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

  15. #590
    FEP Supporter 4-barrel Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,486

    Default C/L '72 'Bird - $15497 (GRESHAM)

    24 pics in ad.

    Name:  01111_4EORWF88AHe_1200x900.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  110.6 KB

    Name:  00c0c_7OhipPuYbNH_1200x900.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  96.4 KB

    Name:  00o0o_eAI7nLVniMZ_1200x900.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  108.6 KB

    1972 FORD THUNDERBIRD QUALITY RESTORED T-BIRD
    ALMOST PERFECT CONDITION AND DEFINETLY PERFECT RUNNING CONDITION
    NEVER EVER DRIVEN IN RAIN SINCE RESTORATION
    2 OWNER CAR, 2ND OWNER SINCE 1982
    SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
    THANK YOU FOR LOOKING
    https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...730970318.html

    Mike
    1985 ascMcLaren 5.0 SC Roadster
    My '78 Fairmont build - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...539-78-Big-Red

  16. #591

    Default

    that 72 is a sweet machine! You don't see many around anymore, that's for sure!

  17. #592
    FEP Member jacquejp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Port Washington, WI
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Was in the UK for work last week and stopped at the Aston Martin dealer because they had this brilliant Eleanor clone
    Name:  6E434760-B5EF-423F-A8A5-31465CA879E6.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  138.4 KB Name:  5D9B0B21-CB3A-4A79-9AAF-896185E9EF68.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  139.7 KB

  18. #593

    Default

    Jacquejp, Thanks for posting those pictures. Please don't take it wrong. Everyone likes what they like. That's what makes the hobby great. There's an arse for every seat as they say. Also, I will say I am jealous that you get to travel internationally for free for work, LOL.

    I will never understand in my lifetime the "Eleanor" fascination. How can you "clone" a car that never existed? It's not even the original Eleanor car from the original movie. That was a 1971 Mach 1. I have to believe the people that are spending $200,000 on a fastback that otherwise MIGHT be worth $50,000 if you were willing to hang on to it long enough and pay the carrying cost must actually believe that the car in the movie (the REMAKE movie) is actually a real car that existed at some point. To me, it's the same thing as seeing a car at a red light that looks good to you and the owner says he calls it "The Wombat" so then you copy it and build your own Wombat. Then it catches on and there's a Wombat craze. It's just a made-up car. A Boss 429 clone, yep, I get that. A GT350R clone absolutely. You're not "cloning" some car some dude just made up out of the air. That's what a REMAKE Eleanor is. Anyone that pays REAL Boss 429 money on one of these has no idea what they are doing.

    There is simply no other explanation for spending that kind of coin on just a modified standard Mustang fastback. It cost the same amount of money to build any other restomod 1967 Mustang as that one and they sell for $40-60K all day every day. All you have to do is just say this is an Eleanor and fools will line up around the block. If that car was red with no stripes and no lame "go baby go" button inside it would lose $50,000 in value.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-24-2018 at 07:33 PM.

  19. #594
    FEP Member jacquejp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Port Washington, WI
    Posts
    112

    Default

    No arguments here. It was just a real nice resto-mod to me. It really isn’t my thing. The uniqueness was that it was traded in on an Aston Martin.
    Name:  4C90C01F-4FC3-429D-91FB-5944ECEA5B0D.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  97.6 KB

  20. #595
    FEP Senior Member dagenham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Duncannon PA
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Jacquejp, Thanks for posting those pictures. Please don't take it wrong. Everyone likes what they like. That's what makes the hobby great. There's an arse for every seat as they say. Also, I will say I am jealous that you get to travel internationally for free for work, LOL.

    I will never understand in my lifetime the "Eleanor" fascination. How can you "clone" a car that never existed? It's not even the original Eleanor car from the original movie. That was a 1971 Mach 1. I have to believe the people that are spending $200,000 on a fastback that otherwise MIGHT be worth $50,000 if you were willing to hang on to it long enough and pay the carrying cost must actually believe that the car in the movie (the REMAKE movie) is actually a real car that existed at some point. To me, it's the same thing as seeing a car at a red light that looks good to you and the owner says he calls it "The Wombat" so then you copy it and build your own Wombat. Then it catches on and there's a Wombat craze. It's just a made-up car. A Boss 429 clone, yep, I get that. A GT350R clone absolutely. You're not "cloning" some car some dude just made up out of the air. That's what a REMAKE Eleanor is. Anyone that pays REAL Boss 429 money on one of these has no idea what they are doing.

    There is simply no other explanation for spending that kind of coin on just a modified standard Mustang fastback. It cost the same amount of money to build any other restomod 1967 Mustang as that one and they sell for $40-60K all day every day. All you have to do is just say this is an Eleanor and fools will line up around the block. If that car was red with no stripes and no lame "go baby go" button inside it would lose $50,000 in value.
    Amen! Thank you. I can't stand those cars either. I didnt even like the movie that much.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •