Close

Default T5 Shift Rod O-Ring?

Where can I get one? Not even sure if that is the generally accepted name for it,
    since it technically mounts to shifter cover

I searched around and even fox body restorers do not seem to have it, nor
    do chain auto places or rockauto.

Only thing I found that may be it is this.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...13943164,d.eWE

but that is mostly talking about jeeps...........
    Last edited by OX1; 02-11-2016 at 07:29 AM.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

i believe it's called the "case cover o-ring".

in my rebuild kit from hanlon there are three o-rings in an unlabeled bag with the shift pad forks. the bag also included the shifter bushing/cup and the oil slinger. the "plastic parts" bag, if you will

the fat o-ring is 0.141" thick and has a 1-1/16" OD
    the skinny o-ring is 0.110" thick and has a 1"OD

if you go buy one, make sure it doesn't melt in ATF .....or like everyone always says: "call hanlon"
    Last edited by rob342; 02-11-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    i have a 1992 GT, 4.10, 5spd.

Thanks

Called them up and got two of the o-rings (just in case).
    Also got the shift fork pads and the bushing under shifter. Didn't really
    need those, but figured they are not bad to have if/when......
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

If you have all the sizes and you know th environment it needs to live in (like stated above ATF compatible ) very good advice there

Then try these guys
    ACU SEAL Clinton twp Michigan 586 746 0500
    You must have sizes though and description they can make any thing and the stock dang near everything

I'm sure they are abundant elsewhere just if you get stuck this is a possible option

I made the plastic piece out of NYLON that goes into the shifter rod bore and the socket for the shifter

The aftermarket ones uses UHMW works great but not durable as nylon

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry peachuer View Post
    I made the plastic piece out of NYLON that goes into the shifter rod bore and the socket for the shifter

The aftermarket ones uses UHMW works great but not durable as nylon
    So if my shifter bushing is in good shape, I should re-use it?

I would re use it mine was ripped when swapping over to short throw shifter I noticed that it was ripped

I had a lot of down time with my car so if I was just swapping shifter I would of left it

My friends car was very sloppy and was a clicking noise from the ball and socket on the shifter rod clevis nylon is very dense and holds its shape and the fluid hasn't bothered it yet (there's very little if any at all in that area of the transmission) so it's a moot point

Although glad you found the item but in my opinion I don't think a performance shop is MANUFACTURING the items you bought but I could be dead wrong
    My point is get sizes of the replacement items if you can and go to a manufacturer of the components
    We make and deal with custom machinery and some parts are made to order and there are no stores for the most part for replacement parts that break so you have to get creative at times

The o rings your in need of are possibly a specialty item and to make a couple isn't a good option but being this is a production run component (transmission) there out there in abundance I'm sure

Good luck on your build

If I was just swapping shifter I would of replaced it with OEM is what I ment

I have acces to machine shop