Close

Default Suggestions for period correct mods, on an LTD LX?

Any ideas for mods, that are 80's, maybe early 90's?
    I'm talking about aesthetic or interior mods.
    I'm going to try to build headlight covers, similar to the old GTS covers for 4eye stangs. Haven't decided on clear, smoked, or whatever color tint.
    Rear window louvers sound cool, but sounds like a real pita to make a set fit this car.
    Marchal fogs maybe?
    I need ideas people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk

M-15233-A717 (Clear) & M-15233-A718 (Smoked) were the 1985 FMS catalog numbers for 83-84 Marquis/LTD headlight covers.

How about a Certified Calibrated 140 MPH speedometer?

Mike

I wouldn't bling my LTD up too much. I'd keep it a sleeper. Dark tint all the windows, lower it about an inch, and polish up a set of factory 10 holes.

Under hood all of the Ford Motorsport cosmetic and performance goodies to be had. Inside you do have radar detection. The speed limit is 55!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    M-15233-A717 (Clear) & M-15233-A718 (Smoked) were the 1985 FMS catalog numbers for 83-84 Marquis/LTD headlight covers.

How about a Certified Calibrated 140 MPH speedometer?

Mike
    Thanks for the info, but I haven't found any of those anywhere online.
    But the speedo is definitely on my want list

How about some pics of how it looks now, that would help to make some suggestions.

Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
    Or carbed. Either way is an improvement on the CFI. And though I went carbed on my LTD LX, I think 86+ EFI is the way to go.

FEP Member

I grew up in that era. And some things are just better left in the past, lol. Good luck on your build! A good friend has a mildly tweaked LTD LX.

I didn't want mention a sunroof. Truth is, if your hardtop didn't have one, you probably wanted one installed. Dealers installed a lot of them too!

I'm still working on buying this car, hopefully it will be in my possession very soon. Praying the deal doesn't fall through.
    But it already has its performance aspects taken care of, it has a single turbo carbed 306.
    It's non intercooled, but has meth injection.... So I will look into possibly adding a FMIC. Also has a manual valve body AOD. Definitely going to look into swapping to full auto, or maybe a manual swap.
    Besides a few tweaks here and there, I just want to restore the interior, tint, alarm, upgrade the audio system, nail down the stance, electric cutout.

Thinking about blacking out the trim. Also considering upgrading the headlights, but I don't know if anything good is out there for 4x6 lights, besides the cheap chinese junk you see on Ebay.

Hm, slight bait n switch!

Seems like you got a cool project car!

This will be my 1st Ford that I've bought (besides daily driver cars or trucks)
    Always been more into GM's. So this is gonna be a learning experience for me...I know nothing about Ford drivetrains
    Here's the last car I built, 85 Cutlass Sedan. Just did the suspension and restored E-T wheels, by Detroit Vintage Wheels, some trim painted, restored interior. Sold it before I got to do a motor swap. Was gonna put a hot 350 Olds in it.
    I'll go with a similar route on the LTD, subtle exterior mods.