Close

FEP Member

Default Custom center console from 1979 PC

Hello,

I got this factory black console from a 79 Pace Car and cleaned it up, repainted and tricked it out for a fox coupe my buddy was building. Well, one thing led to another and his car become a stripped down 1/4 mile rocket so he had no need for this "extra weight"

It has been sitting in a padded box for a last few months and really should go to a good home.

1. The cigarette lighter port was customized to incorporate a dual USB charger. No, this is not a simple removable insert I just bought off Ebay plugged in. It uses part of the original cigarette lighter housing and still connects to the factory wiring.

2. The ashtray lid was removed and a custom ABS piece was made to house (3) 20A Carling rocker switches. Each switch has two lights - the smaller lights are tied to the instrument cluster circuit....looks really cool at night! The larger light is lit when a switch is activated. These are single pole single throw toggle switches.

3. We ditched the rear ashtray and made a custom ABS insert to house another pair of USB chargers. This circuit is daisy chained to the cigarette lighter circuit. The insert has blue LEDS to illuminate the charging ports and rubber protective covers to keep junk out of the USB connections.

Modifications aside, this center console is in excellent restored shape. There is one blemish on top (see pic) but that will be hidden by the dash. No tears in armrest. Armrest hinges were never busted out. Everything was cleaned, scrubbed and repainted.

Not sure on a price so let's talk. I have a bunch of time invested in this and there is a lot to talk about. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves

thanks,

Drew

Name:  Center_console_full.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  84.7 KBName:  Center_console_front.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  318.3 KBName:  Center_console_lights_1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  76.2 KBName:  Center_console_lights_2.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  72.9 KBName:  Center_console_ArmRest.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  172.4 KB

FEP Member

A few more picsName:  Center_console_Rear_USB.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  213.6 KBName:  Center_console_Rear_lights.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  38.4 KB

Sweet!

Mike

FEP Senior Member

That's for sure. Very nice. You might want to post a starting price just so everyone knows what you are wanting to get.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Member

Great looking updated piece;looks awesome.

FEP Member

Thanks for the compliments! Well I figure I would have asked $250 if the console was 100% original and restored. I think another $100 for the mods is fair. So $350 plus shipping. Does this found fair? It's tough to price items like this. The box will need to be custom made so please consider that when making an offer. I would be totally bummed out if this thing was destroyed during it's voyage.

I'm open to trades too. Anyone have a nice bore gauge? Or how about a con rod heater? Stuff like that. I'll trade up + cash.

I think the pictures show the condition though. It's really nice! I will include all the original pieces like the ashtray lid in case someone wants to restore it back down the road.

thanks!

Drew

971 263 5647
    Last edited by D347643; 02-07-2016 at 04:30 PM.

FEP Member

300+shipping? Even if you think the price is too high, let's talk. I'm always willing to work a deal. This center console is just collecting dust and I would like to see it re-homed.

thanks,

Drew