Close

Default 1984 Mustang L coupe- Red & 1986 or 1985.5 SVO

Ok, I am trying to find the impossible to buy, a 1984 Mustang L coupe, red, 4spd, 4 cylinder. Why that and not a GT??? Well, I am trying to recapture my first car and surprise my Father who bought it with me! Prefer originality and no rust.....

Also seeking 1985.5 or 86 SVO, Red, Green or Blue preferred. Value originality as well.

Thanks so much.

Paul

Per the guidelines posted at the top of this forum, a city and state are required for this ad. As of this reply you have neither listed. Please update your profile or this ad, within 24 hours, or this ad will have to be removed. Thank you.

1. City and State Required for ALL Ads – You have two options: add your City and State in your profile (City and Province for Canada, other countries…we’ll just wing it), or you must put it in the ad itself. You may then delete your location in the ad once the item has sold.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

like this one, an original 84 L Coupe, 4 SPD, tan over tan. this will be VERY hard to find an original 'L" coupe. this was one of my very first foureyed mustangs, and one of the best!! the SVOs should be fairly easy in those colors...
    best of luck.

Updated my city and state. Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully I will find an L coupe, it will be difficult to find I know!

FEP Supporter

Good luck on your search.

There is a nice 7B 1986 SVO for sale in the FYI's right now. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...K-miles-12-500

Other than red, you are more than likley going to have to spend a bit of coin to get a green or blue SVO if you can find one for sale.

Replied to your PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-L...991?nav=SEARCHName:  $_3.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  104.5 KB

Red 1984 L coupe! Under $3000 buy it now 1FABP26A0EF241051

*We have up for auction a nice example of the highly desired Ford Mustang "notchback" coupe. The fox body mustang has become one of the most sought after Mustangs in recent years. In some ways it's more popular now, than it was when it was introduced. This example is a 1984 L package, and that means it has very little on the option side, it has the 2.3L 4 cylinder engine, with the 4 speed manual transmission, and the small 7.5" rear end. It is all stock in every way, except some later model LX wheels. The body is covered with all it's original panels and paint. The paint isn't great, but for a 30+ year old car it isn't bad either. Fresh wax, and some buffing really bring it out, as the photos show. The car does have some superficial rust in the insides of the doors, and the inside of the trunk lid. The floor panels are getting some minor rust in them as well. The interior is original, with the working am/fm radio! The dash mat is trashed, headliner is garbage, and drivers seat needs a little love, but again, not in bad shape for a old car. There is 1 dent on the front drivers fender (see pics) and some dings on the top of the passenger fender. The tires have good tread. The car does run and drive. It will not idle on it's own until it is warmed up, and then sometimes it jumps around. I imagine it could use a tune up and some tuning. I put a tank of 91 octane (highest rating in Utah, similar to 93 at sea level) and have been driving it and it seems to get better, heater works well, and it has fresh oil in it. The transmission shifts well into all of the gears, clutch holds fine, and the rear end seems ok as well. The brakes and steering are reasonably tight for the year and don't seem to be of any safety concern.

I bought this car with the intention of putting in a V8 and adding a turbocharger. I didn't get very far, as the shop I commissioned to do the work stripped down the donor car (89 GT mustang) and the deal was the owner kept the shell, interior, wheels/tires etc in exchange for the labor to swap everything over. Well after they stripped the 89, they cut it up, scrapped it, and I eventually got the engine/trans and rear end back. I'm selling everything to recover my loss. I truly would love to keep this car around, but I went backwards on the whole deal so badly, and I'm knee deep in a 36 Ford pickup, this car will end up sitting longer and I hate to see that. I am selling this through my dealership. I can issue you a temp tag, and take a credit card for the deposit, remainder must be paid by cash, cashiers check, or personal check. Personal check must clear before releasing the car/title. I can help with shipping. Thanks, and if you don't intend to purchase, DON'T BID! This car is blank canvas, ready for your imagination and touch to take over and make it great!

I have more photos on my website stautoutah.com
    Last edited by 83gtstang; 02-07-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks! Spoke with dealer, quite a bit of nasty rust on this vehicle. Floors need replaced, both doors, trunk lid rusted through as well, very rough was the description given to me. it is a red '84 though.

Still looking, let me know what you have!

Good luck on this search. Your intentions are honorable. I admire someone who wants to have a base model car.

It's interesting, these types of cars were common in their day, but of course as "throw-away" cars few survive... probably fewer than the lower production high-performance models. Still, occasionally they turn up, sometimes in the hands of second-generation owners who inherited them when Grandma died.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Hopefully one will pop up soon. You are correct, you can find an '84 GT350 convertible or fastback easily, these little 4 bangers are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Good luck on this search. Your intentions are honorable. I admire someone who wants to have a base model car.

It's interesting, these types of cars were common in their day, but of course as "throw-away" cars few survive... probably fewer than the lower production high-performance models. Still, occasionally they turn up, sometimes in the hands of second-generation owners who inherited them when Grandma died.

Darn! Definitely they need to put that in the description. Doesn't sound like it's worth what the bid was at.

Quote Originally Posted by Marathon06 View Post
    Thanks! Spoke with dealer, quite a bit of nasty rust on this vehicle. Floors need replaced, both doors, trunk lid rusted through as well, very rough was the description given to me. it is a red '84 though.

Darn! Definitely they need to put that in the description "minor rust". Doesn't sound like it's worth what the bid was at then.

Bump....Still looking for one!!

Bump....Still looking for one!!
    Bump, hoping to find a unicorn or grandma's coupe.

Default unicorn

hello there. I have a red 85.5 svo for sale. it needs some work. but a pretty solid car. this particular car was also the subject of a magazine project car about 10 years ago.