Close

Default 79 Mustang Pace Car Rebuilt 2.3 Turbo Engine and Trans Complete

I have an original 2.3 Turbo from a 79 Pace Car for sale. The motor was rebuilt way back in 1996, but only has about 4000 miles on it. Everything was done, as far as turned crank .25mm over on the rods and mains, forged TRW pistions (for a SVO/Tbird) .75mm over, Ford Motorsports cam, slight porting and polishing on the head, rebuilt turbo, oil pump and screed, etc. Comes with the complete engine, exhaust manifold (with no cracks from what I can see) downpipe to the turbo, AC compressor, air pump, PS pump, water pump, belts, most emissions stuff, carb (probably needs to be rebuilt from sitting), hoses, fan shroud, air cleaner, etc. Also comes with a RAD4 transmission that had new bearings and seals put in, but would "jump" out of 2nd gear when decelerating. The reason for selling is I thought the turbo blew up, and thru parts into the motor, because it just died on me and sounded like the timing belt broke. Turns out that the belt broke a few teeth. I recently put a new belt on and the motor had 155-165 compression on the cylinders, and a leakdown test had 22-28% (all within the green). This should be a ready to drop in motor (with a little dust removal). Located in Hammond, Indiana. I am asking $700 OBO. You pick up. I will take cash or paypal.
    Name:  SAM_0647.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  103.7 KBName:  SAM_0648.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  98.9 KBName:  SAM_0650.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  93.7 KBName:  SAM_0655.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  124.1 KBName:  SAM_0657.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  60.3 KB
    Last edited by gearheadfred5.0; 01-27-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Up for possible trades, Pace Car decals, Recaro seat covers for PC, etc.

I would like to have this motor gone soon, lowering price to $600. I will post pictures of all of the other parts that come with soon. This is a complete rebuilt drivetrain ready to drop in, with forged pistons and rebuilt turbo. Thanks for looking. May be willing to deliver if somewhat close.

Man, just a bit too much, or a little too far...

Here are some more pictures of whats included.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

And more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I would be willing to take $500 for everything. I need the space.

Somebody buy me, please. I need a good home.

Lots of good parts here. Price lowered to $450!

FEP Supporter

Man, that's a killer deal! If I was redoing one of these old 2.3 turbo cars, this would be a goldmine of original parts regardless if the engine ran!

Good luck!

Bump, still for sale.

Just a general question. Are you willing to meet somewhere between you and Cleveland, Ohio to make the deal? We could make it somewhere easy to meet like a truck stop or whatever on the interstate.