Close

Default January 9, 2016 Casa Grande Car and Truck Show

Casa Grande 2016 Home, Health & Garden Show + Car & Truck Show

I have gone the past 2 years and lucky for me this year falls on my scheduled days off so I will be there again. I got my application mailed to me recently so I have made a PDF of the flyer and application accessible by this link on my web site. - 2016CasaShow.pdf

The first year I went they only had 2 classes but because of the larger number of cars they made it into 4 classes last year. Even with that the RS still has to compete against the older classics and the low riders. Hoping if the entries increase they will ad more categories/classes for 2017 for only a $10 entry fee it makes for an affordable way to show and compete. Other than that the event is free to attend. It is being held at the same outlet mall as the All Mustang and Ford Powered Show our club just held. So even if you don't want to show come check the location out enjoy the show and consider next year.

Name:  img010.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  95.1 KB
    83' Capri RS 5.0 (My son's car now pending his return from the army.)
    87' Mustang LX 5.0 5spd. Notch
    88' Mustang Project Notch
    96' F250 Powerstroke Crewcab 4x4
    GhostwolF's PonypageS

I wouldn't mind going to this. I need help getting the Saleen running though....maybe next year?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Blog Entries

What's the latest with your car? I know I'm probably overlooking a thread somewhere.

I got it running but it keeps blowing starter relays (they tack weld themselves in the key start position so the starter continues to run even with the key removed). At first, because this isn't all that uncommon, we all thought I got a bad relay or two...but I've been through 5 or 6 of them, so I think I have an electrical fault somewhere that is causing this to happen. I just don't know what to do from here and I can't afford to pay a shop to troubleshoot the wiring.

The other crappy issue is because I haven't been able to drive the car (and because I got so mad at it I basically gave up), I'm sure the new gaskets and work I have done has gone to crap because the car has once again sat for so long. Maybe I'll get lucky and she won't leak, but you know how bad it is allowing a car to sit...mine has basically done that for the entire two years I've had it (erasing everything I've done).
    Last edited by TopGear85; 12-06-2015 at 03:09 AM.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    I got it running but it keeps blowing starter relays (they tack weld themselves in the key start position so the starter continues to run even with the key removed). At first, because this isn't all that uncommon, we all thought I got a bad relay or two...but I've been through 5 or 6 of them, so I think I have an electrical fault somewhere that is causing this to happen. I just don't know what to do from here and I can't afford to pay a shop to troubleshoot the wiring.
    Defiantly sounds like a short to ground after the relay that is overloading the relay. I would check the starter connections first then work my way back.

I need to talk my nephew into bringing out his Saleen its a little rough right now but he need to start showing it off a bit. I kept thinking it was an 89 but it is an 88 #288.
    GhostwolF's PonypageS

Show is tomorrow, it has been raining a lot the past few days, the latch to my hood is broken will not stay clasped. As of right now don't look to good for me going to this after all. Guess see what tomorrow morning brings. If I have too I can drive on slower roads to keep the hood from popping up but no way I think I can have the car looing it's best by tomorrow
    GhostwolF's PonypageS