Close

Default Would you paint other than 1C paint code?

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind to "paint outside the lines" and go with a different paint code of black? Maybe a PPG Triple Black? Truck pic is for reference of PPG Triple Black.

Attachment 93050

Just checking........
    Last edited by conmech; 11-27-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Blog Entries

Absolutely. If you are not doing a true restoration, go with what floats your boat. Modern paints have far more depth and pop that what ford offered in the '80's.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Hmmmmm. Mid '80's Fox painted in an ultra deep coat of black sounds great.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

a nice deep black base with a pearl or metallic clearcoat looks great on any ride.

Black is black is black is black. Now there can definitely be better depth and gloss to your black, but not really any difference in color unless you start adding pearls, metallics, kandies,etc.

The BLACKEST Black I have ever seen was an old Lacquer paint job of about 17 coats and rubbed out to perfection. Next was the old Imron black many years ago. HOK urethane black with a top coat of 1/2 black urethane/1/2 clear coat is SUPER DEEP too when buffed and polished just right.

You can do some really cool stuff with HOK paint systems when using all their different dry pearls, bases, kandies, FX effect pacs, karrier bases etc. The choices are endless!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I have a deep desire to work on getting another project in the future. A "little bird" told me of something stashed away, many miles from my place. Haven't really dug into it due to school, work, etc. Maybe after I graduate from college and get settled into a new job/profession........

conmech - aka Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    I have a deep desire to work on getting another project in the future. A "little bird" told me of something stashed away, many miles from my place. Haven't really dug into it due to school, work, etc. Maybe after I graduate from college and get settled into a new job/profession........

I guess that could be kinda cool!

Seriously I love it! I have similar desires myself, but I need more gold on it to really make it pop! NOT too much just a bit more to really make it stand out.

Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller