Close

Default Vacuum tubing...

I recently found a source that sells rubber vacuum tubing in various sizes, which is a good thing, because some of my original tubing has had it. I tried looking at a couple of the manuals for the 1984 2.3T vacuum system, while there are good illustrations of the routing of the system, I seem to be unable to find anything on vacuum tube sizing.

Am I just missing the info entirely, or is side-by-side comparison the only true method to determine size? I'd like to buy enough tubing in the correct sizes so I can replace it all in one afternoon.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Normally I just measure the O.D. of the barb fittings and then make that the I.D. of the tubing. That way you have a good tight,leak -free fit. My Chiltons manual doesn't show any sizes either, just the vac routing diagrams.
    86 SVO Boport stage 3 head,Turbonetics T-66,96lb/hr injectors,lots of BOOST!

FEP Power Member

The Ford vacuum tubing is a specific size which is often hard to find when needed. There is an old post listing the Motircraft part number. If you need the color coded tubing, there are probably some sources for the older Mustangs.

Info from another post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KevinK; 11-26-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles