Close

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hey Everyone

I've been a long time lurker and decided to make an account to help show off my build. I'll start with the juicier stuff like my car.

1985 Ford Mustang LX Notch

As far as I can tell, it was originally a V6 auto car, judging by the pounds of wiring harness I have cut out to fix a butchered V8 5 speed swap. Still in the process of tidying it up but it's getting there. I limped it home with a spun bearing, pulled the engine three times since for different reasons.

SPECS

71Torino Block
    E7 Heads with Dual Valve Springs
    .513? Comp Cam (Have to check my card)
    Edelbrock Torker 2 Intake
    Edelbrock/Weber Four Barrel Carb (Has both Brands badging, if someone has any info on that I'd appreciate it)
    New OEM Crankshaft
    Melling High Volume Oil Pump
    MSD 6AL Box
    MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
    MSD Blaster 2 Coil
    Some Autometer Mechanical Guages
    Stock Headers into Junk Exhaust
    Unknown Springs Lowering springs with 250lbs QA1's in rear
    KYB's in front, Rears are deaded
    Little Bit of Wieght Reduction
    Aluminum Radiator
    Dual Electric Fans
    New Brake Booster & Master Cylinder
    Rust Repair on Strut Towers
    7.5 Rear End w/ Discs from an New Edge (Why guy before me did that, I dunno)
    Front rotors swapped to five lug with Ranger parts (This one was my B)

I'll post some plans and etc later.

Name:  20151019_163947.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  128.4 KBName:  20151019_164003.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  64.4 KBName:  20151019_164100.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  105.7 KBName:  20151019_164112.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  114.4 KB
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 11-24-2015 at 09:49 AM.

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site. That's a long list of parts put into it. Good luck with it and the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

How much do you spend on tires?

I got a deal from pep boys for the Falkens, spent about $225 on them. The wheels are 15x8 Craigslist steelies for $100. I couldn't find a brand marking on them.

lol! I meant how much $ do you spend smoking tires while drifting. ?

Haha! If you stick to junkyard tires you can actually afford it. Burn about two or three pairs at a meet

Now that sounds like fun.! So, does a car tire/suspension have a different setup in order to drift? Or is it all horsepower and clutch.? Pretty sure if I tried drifting my car with drag radials I'd end up in the ditch.

With radials i'd expect you to go straight into anywhere you pointed that thing. I suggest to everyone starting out to just keep the engine as stock as possible for reliability and focus on suspension. You essentially tune for grip, like you would with an SCCA car or the like. Coil overs are a must because of adjustability, improved suspension geometry and are a great start, then start locking down the rear end with a PH bar or watts link. But the best way to go about drifting is just take your car to a meet as is and have fun. As you drive you'll feel what needs to be improved and won't waste money buying unneeded parts. Just make sure you have a locking diff!