Close

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

To take a "political dive" for a second...I agree with you. Politically driven nonsense. I honestly did not think it could happen....

... and yet "it" is still happening... North Americans (actually everyone everywhere), please remove gubberment-and-mainstream-media-installed sh*t-covered glasses, stand up, and learn to say the word "NO!"... 'nuff said about that...

To those in the future converting an original 3.8L V6 and C5 transmission over to V8 power... if you don't already know, be aware, something that I've now learned, the hard way, is that the 3.8 positions itself and the transmission 1 inch further forward than all other Fox chassis power train combinations that I'm aware of... I recalled from ancient history and viewing the old '80's/'90's Ford Motorsport catalogs that the common (replacement) drive shaft length is 45.5" long (u-joint to u-joint centers)... what will NOT install back into my car at present (previously installed 306... more recent in history, 8.8 posi, etc.) is exactly 46.5" long... I'm currently looking for a (common - 2.3 auto/manual, 2.8 auto/manual(?), 3.3 auto/manual(?), 5.0 auto/manual) 45.5" long drive shaft... because the one establishment that I visited for a quote so far wanted $250 to remove the inch from what I have and to re-balance it...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Holley 950 3-barrel (Date Code 863 - 1968, June, 3rd week ), front metering block and special different rear metering block prepared for it, calibrated, ready to rock... hopefully firing it up tomorrow after a long snooze since last fall...

Last edited by Walking-Tall; 09-10-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    Mike
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Mike, I feel incredibly stupid asking this question....but I cannot determine the answer. There are three wires on my coil: 1 green with yellow stripe, and two red with green stripe. Which of these is the positive side of the coil?

First, don't.
    My memory's not good enough to recollect why there may be two red with green stripe (positive side), but they must be connected one and the same, for whatever reason, and connecting into either whichever is most convenient should do...
    Here's my ignition schematic image again...

Mike
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

I realize I am pulling you through a time warp every time I ask a question. I appreciate you taking the time to answer!

Your car is looking beastly these days!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415