Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone ever try one of those radiator caps with the built-in thermometer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Just to add my 2 cents into the mix, I also have an Auto Meter temp gauge and
    I use a 180 thermostat.
    I never trusted the factory temperature gauge either.

Being Anal, I changed the instrument voltage regulator that’s found on the back of the cluster

I installed a cheap auto part’s radiator after I couldn’t find any radiator repair places. I think there extinct..

Anyway, last summer in 90 degree heat , the temp stayed at 180 ish on the AutoMeter, and the factory gauge stayed just a tick below the M.
    Guess I am lucky.

Scott
    84 GT 5.0L, T5, 8.8T-Lock, 5lug with 93 Cobra Brakes,
    MM RCL's,CC plates, Koni Reds, 17" Tri-Stars...CoilOvers next.

Scott - If that’s the case with a 180, then I suppose riding right at the end of the ‘M’ with a 195/197 seems to be logical being +/- 15-20 degrees warmer.

I had a 160 in there originally and it was riding at the “O” at its absolute hottest.

I think it’s starting to add up a little bit.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    Anyone ever try one of those radiator caps with the built-in thermometer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    I had no idea such a thing existed. Might be worth the $40 to look at it once to scratch the itch, then never use again LOL
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Measured my water temp via datalogging quarterhorse (188F), using thermal camera (189F), and then checking factory guage (LOW). Maybe the factory temp guage sender has been hosed for years.

Looking at upper rad hose here, above it is intake where EEC ECT sender is.

What is odd, is my oil pressure guage looks pretty good, so I don't think it is IVR.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12