Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wow!!

Awesome car, but it's never been inside a barn. People need to drop that term!
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

I agree...true barn finds are usually covered in dust & grime and will need some TLC to bring them back to life. This looks like it lived in a very clean environment. Only problem I have, is how does a car that is stored it's entire life with only 99 miles have...."some slight chips and dings, a small slice in the convt. top edge" Careless storage I suppose...shame.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

That must be one nice barn............beautiful GT-350

My 1950 pickup came out of a barn but it wasn't a find as we knew exactly where grandpa put it!
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I think there should be rules to qualify a barn find--vehicle must be in barn for a minimum of 20 years, must be complete with no missing parts, bonus points for old inspection sticker, license plates and dust

My LTS was next to a barn and trust me, it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as that car !
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

thats not a barn find.

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    thats not a barn find.
    He's right. This is a barn find but that is not.
    Attachment 92158
    Attachment 92159
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

if that GT350 is a barn find, here's my barn find too

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    He's right. This is a barn find but that is not.
    Attachment 92158
    Attachment 92159
    That one you own? My mom has a 67 two door hardtop, also Wimbledon White with those same wheel covers and a 390 that she bought in 1968. At this point it could be called a barn find, except there again, we never lost it!

I agree it is not a barn find and for some reason I hoped the topic might take a different direction. What Im curious about is the back story. Was this bought as an investment? The ROI plus storage verses what that money could have done times 31 years. Perhaps there was a sudden death in and the family could not bring themselves to part with it.

I don't know about ya'll but I can't keep the miles down on anything I own unless I just have a bunch of vehicles.

Having recently purchased mine and keeping a tally in the cloud (my cloudy mind) as to what I have spent so far plus what I have left to do as a minimum this might be a good way to go. Especially for anyone wanting that degree of originality. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much at once, over time it doesnt seem as bad. Not to mention sometimes the reward is the fixing this and that or making things just the way you want.

Anyway just a few thoughts hopefully the car will end up where it belongs maybe in a museum or become someone's pride and joy.

Sorry, I guess I took it off topic. That's just become a pet peeve of mine.

What I wonder about is the never titled part. That would mean the dealer still owns it. I don't think it was stored as an investment or it wouldn't have the minor blemishes that are mentioned in the ad. Maybe the dealer just kept it in the showroom for a number of years for whatever reason, then shoved it off in storage? Other than the plastic on the seats it appears to have been dealer prepped.

reserve not met at 15,800 dollars? That is insane. And I like my "less desirable" CFI. Not that a four barrel would be bad but still, in 10 years I bet my completely stock auto conv. CFI is far rarer than a t5 and a 4v.

I wonder what those TRX tires are like. An old eraser at this point I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post
    reserve not met at 15,800 dollars? That is insane. And I like my "less desirable" CFI. Not that a four barrel would be bad but still, in 10 years I bet my completely stock auto conv. CFI is far rarer than a t5 and a 4v.
    Nothing wrong with liking yours better, that's for sure. That is what makes the world go around. However rarity has nothing whatsoever to do with value. A lot of things are "rare" because nobody wanted them. Something that was not desirable when new can also be something not desirable when old.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

It's been on EBay for a while. Definitely not a barn car. Maybe sat in a collection for a while.

Looks like it will be sold at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in January. Going across the block with no reserve on Wednesday (lot # 384).

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ERTIBLE-190252

Something tells me they're going to regret not letting it go at $15,800 on ebay. They'll be lucky to get that unless by chance there just so happen to be two like minded nuts from FEP in the audience Plus they'll have the auction fees on top.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

BJ Scottsdale is a terrible auction for that car (IMO) it's not the right audience. I'd send it to Mecum or Carlisle. Somewhere in the Midwest to Northeast where the car and condition will be more appreciated.

Was on craigslist in May of 2015 in Brookfield, IL with 7 miles on the odometer and an asking price of $22,000.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I might have to register for an online bidders paddle just in case.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/SC0...ble/Automatic/

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Was on craigslist in May of 2015 in Brookfield, IL with 7 miles on the odometer and an asking price of $22,000.
    Wow...so they drove that supposed "barn find" more miles this year than I drove my '82 and '93 combined

Now before anyone bashes me....the brakes are out on the '82 so it couldn't be driven. I put about 70 miles on the '93.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast