Close

Default Motorsport Capri 30th Anniversary Review

On Sunday August 16th, the Motorsport Capri 30th Anniversary Reunion took place at the Mustang & Memories car show at Ford's Product Development Center in Dearborn, MI.

The days leading up to the big reunion was filled with a lot of fun stuff.

On Thursday, a few of us met up at Jack Roush's open house. Jacks car collection was on display, driver autograph sessions, & a great car show. Mr. Roush even came out & signed my Motorsport Capri and chatted for a bit about the SCCA Roush Capri's & the Motorsport Capri.

Saturday 2 Motorsport Capri's were at Royal Oak Ford for the Woodward Dream Cruise. The Dream Cruise is the largest 1 day car event in the world. Over 1 hundred thousand vintage, classic, and muscle cars converge on the 1st paved road in the US. over 1 million people attend every year on the 3rd Saturday in August.
    1 of the Motorsport Capri's muscled in on Mustang Alley. A street off Woodward ave closes down and is taken over by 700 mustangs.

On Sunday, Fords PDC was the place to be for the Capri.

6 of the 55 1985 Motorsport Capri's were on display.

The 52,000 mile prototype made its show debut.

One of 9 Silver Metallic Motorsport Capri's

1 of 3 Motorsport Capri replicas built without any factory options.

42,000 mile all original (except the rims) T-Top car.

A Motorsport Capri with a sunroof (only 7 made) was there as well as 1 of 8 with Red Interior .

an additional 8 Capris came out to join us & they including a beautiful 85 ASC McLaren coupe, 86 ASC Vert, restored 1981 RS, pair of customs & a super rare 83 base model 5.0L with the ASC McLaren dealer option.

all of the 1400 + cars that attended the show received a plaque, but only a handful of cars received special awards & 2 Motorsport Capri's & the ASC McLaren convertible snagged some.

a great day for all who attended.

& Roush brought this 1 of a kind out. looks familure!

Last edited by 1985 Motorsport Capri; 10-31-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

FEP Member

Looks like heaven to me.

Great pics and even better cars, but I have a question....what's up with the red tape on the headlight covers on that one GPIV? Is there any meaning behind that?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Great pics and even better cars, but I have a question....what's up with the red tape on the headlight covers on that one GPIV? Is there any meaning behind that?
    i think 1 had a crack in the plastic so he put tape on it to stop it from spreading. then just added some to the other to match.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Thanks for posting those. Looks like it would have been a lot of fun. Wish I could have made it and joined in on the fun.

What a great sight to see. I'm glad there are so many Capri fans. I though they looked better with the flared fenders, compared to Mustangs.