Close

Default Nov 21st - 3rd Annual All "Ford Powered" & Mustang Car Show Extravaganza

Nov 21st 2015 - 3rd Annual All "Ford Powered" & Mustang Car Show Extravaganza - City Gate Mall, Casa Grande AZ.

Name:  img007.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  74.9 KB

Here is a link to the PDF I made for the event flier on my web site with the registration form for anyone wanting to enter. At least come out and enjoy the show if you can. Depending on my work schedule I'm hoping to be there with my Capri - Raven.

Show Flier and Registration Form

Sponsored by Desert Sky Mustangs & Glenn Jones Ford

As a reminder just one week to go till this event. Looks like my work schedule will prevent me from being there.
    Did talk with the club treasurer today and he has agreed to take pictures for me of any four-eye cars that show up so I can post them here.
    So if your in the region and can make the show please represent!
    83' Capri RS 5.0 (My son's car now pending his return from the army.)
    87' Mustang LX 5.0 5spd. Notch
    88' Mustang Project Notch
    96' F250 Powerstroke Crewcab 4x4
    GhostwolF's PonypageS

Got some information for the car show. First off I'm a bit disappointed I couldn't go because my 83 RS would have won 1st place by default as the only car in it's class LOL my 96 Powerstroke could have won a 1st place too! There where only 3 non-Mustangs that showed up. From the pictures I got there was only one 4eye that showed up and a handful of aero foxes, most where the newer Mustangs.

For a slideshow of all the pictures I recived -
    http://s174.photobucket.com/user/Rav...d%20Car%20Show

I have included the letter sent out for our club about the show and upcoming events.

HELLO DSMC MEMBERS!

WOW, WHAT A WEEKEND! FOR JOHN AND MYSELF, THE CAR SHOW HAD A HEX ON IT FROM THE BEGINING. *~X( at wits' endWE WORKED THROUGH VERY DIFFICULT ISSUE AFTER ISSUE. KEN TOOK OVER ALL PARKING, SO HE ROUNDED UP A CREW AND DID A GREAT JOB! DUANE REALLY BECAME A GREAT ASSET AS HE WAS WITH ME THROUGH MANY OF THE ISSUES. HE REALLY GOT A LOT DONE FOR THE SHOW. WITHOUT HIM, I AM NOT SURE THE SHOW WOULD HAVE COME TOGETHER! A PERSONAL THANK YOU DUANE. *#:-S whew!

OK. NOW SHOW RESULTS: WE HAD GREAT FOOD VENDORS AND "HAPPY HONU SHAVED ICE" TRUCK WITH MANY FANCY FLAVORS, THEY DID WELL AND EVEN AFTER THE SHOW, PEOPLE WERE LINED UP."CAROLYN'S HOT DOGS" WERE AWSOME THEY USE A NEW YORK DOG THAT HAS BEEN MADE SINCE 1916! SO GOOD.*8-> day dreaming

"MONDO'S WING AND THNGS" HAD A FABULOUS MENU, ITEMS NAMED AFTER FORD AND MUSTANG NAMES. THE BREAKFAST BURROS WERE GREAT. I HAD A FORD FOCUS BURRITO AND THE SALSA WAS HOT. MANY TRIED THE CAT FISH AND LOVED THEM. 5 DIFFERENT WINGS WITH BOSS 302 HOT WINGS.*:::^^::: hot

ALSO THERE WAS AN "INSTANT PAIN RELIEF" TENT. HE HAD SEVERAL CREAMS SOME FOR ARTHRITIS, SPRAINS, INURIES, ETC. HE DID REALLY WELL AND OFFERED FREE SAMPLES SO YOU COULD TRY ON THE SPOT TO SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU. I CAME HOME WITH SOME FOR ME AND SOME FOR ALMA.

THE CGUHS ROTC DID A WONDERFUL FLAG PRESENTAION AT NOON. A LARGE GROUP OF PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS GATHERD TO WATCH AND RECITE THE "PLEDGE OF ALLIGIENCE". WE BOUGHT THEM LUNCH.

WE HAD JR DRAGSTERS THERE, SEE PICS. AND, THE CASA GRANDE POLICE DEPT. BROUGHT OUT IT'S "BEARCAT" VEHICLE, BUILT ON A F-650 CHASSI, COMPLETE WITH RED/BLUE FLASHING LIGHTS. SEE PICS.

NOT OFFICIAL YET, BUT WE HAD BETWEN 45-50 CARS! WE GAINED 1 NEW MEMBER. SO LET'S WELCOME KEVIN AND ORCE JUILFS FROM ELOY WITH A BLACK 2014 GT CPE. WE HAD TO DEAL WITH THE WIND BLOWING PRIZE CONTAINERS ACROSS THE PARKING LOT. A BIG, BIG, THANKS TO GLORIA, AND A COUPLE OF LADIES FROM THE SAMC AND OTHERS THAT PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN AND AGAIN.

JUDGING WAS DONE BY THOMAS ANDERSON FROM THE CASA GRANDE POLICE DEPT. WE GAVE OUT DIFFERENT SIZE PLAQUES INSTEAD OF TROPHIES THIS YEAR.

TOM & LISA BOUGHT A 2015 GT FROM VINCE. GLENN JONES JUST HAPPENED TO TAKEIT IN ON A TRADE AND OFFERED A DEAL THEY COULDN'T REFUSE. NOW THEY HAVE 2 BLACK ON BLACK MUSTANGS! STOCK UP ON CAR CLEANERS AND WAX!

WE HAVE A LOT OF SHIRTS LEFT AND THEY ARE NICE AND VERY AFFORDABLE. WE HAD TO COMPETE WITH THE "GOOD GUYS CAR SHOW" AND MANY WENT THERE. SINCE WE HAVE SO MANY, I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST THAT YOU HELP WITH THE PURCHASE OF AT LEAST ONE SHIRT. WE HAVE SMALL ALL THE WAY TO 5 XL. SHOW PRICE WAS $8.00, CLUB MEMBERS CAN NOW GET THEM FOR: 2 FOR $10.00 AND $6.00 FOR 1. $6.00 IF YOU WANT US TO MAIL THEM TO YOU! CHEAP HUH?..SEE SHIRT IN ATTCHMENT. E-MAIL ME.

WE HAD QUITE A FEW COME UP AND SAY WHAT A GREAT SHOW IT WAS, SO AFTER STEPPING BACK AND LOOKING, I WOULD SAY IT WAS A GREAT SHOW.

A BIG THANK YOU TO JIM AND MARY BERG AS THEY BOTH STEPPED UP BIG. JOHN HAD TO BE WITH HIS WIFE AS SHE ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL , SO THE REGISTRATIONS WERE NOT DONE. MARY TOOK OVER AND SAVED THE DAY. JIM WAS EVERYWHERE DOING THINGS. A BIG THANKS TO TED, AL, DENNIS, VINCE FROM GLENN JONES FOR PROVIDING TABLES, CHAIRS, AND STACY FROM GLENN JONES FOR THE PA.

THANK YOU TO ANY I MAY HAVE LEFT OFF.

NOV. 28 DINE AND DRIVE EVENT TO TORTILLA FLATS. CLUB WILL MEET THE WILD WEST MUSTANGS THERE. MEET 9AM - LEAVE HERE 9:10 AM FROM FRY'S GAS ON PINAL AVE. GREAT LUNCHES THERE!! UNFORTUNATLY I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO THIS TIME.

DEC 5 9AM NEXT MEETING: - FRANCISCO GRANDE - LEGENDS RESTAURANT LAST MEETING OF THE YEAR, SO LET'S TRY TO MAKE THIS ONE!

DEC. 12 TH CHRISTMAS PARTY: 4 PM-8PM "THE PROPERTY" ON PINAL AVE.

TRADITIONAL HOLIDAY BUFFETT. COST IS ONLY $20 PER PERSON WITH 10 CANS OF FOOR FOR A LOCAL FOOD BANK THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. LAST YEAR WE DONATED 380 CANS, LET'S SHATTER THAT NUMBER! OK, *:-? thinking A SPECIAL PRIZE FOR THE PERSON WITH THE MOST CANS! NO FOOD OR NO TIME? COST IS $28.00 PER PERSON.

RSVP ASAP WITH NUMBER COMING. YOU CAN MAIL PMT TO:

DESERT SKY MUSTANGS

1534 E 12TH ST.

CASA GRANDE, AZ 85122.

JAN 2 9AM -CLUB MEETING - FRANCISCO GRANDE - LEGENDS RESTAURANT.COME EARLY 8:30 FOR BREAKFAST AND SOCIALIZING IF YOU WANT TO EAT AND HANG OUT 'TIL THE MEETING. WE NEED A JAN. CLUB ACTIVITY, IDEAS?

FEB 6TH 9AM -CLUB MEETING - FRANCISCO GRANDE - LEGENDS RESTAURANT.COME EARLY 8:30 FOR BREAKFAST AND SOCIALIZING IF YOU WANT TO EAT AND HANG OUT 'TIL THE MEETING. WE NEED A FEB. CLUB ACTIVITY, IDEAS?

FEB 20 SACATON IWO JIMA PARADE. LARRY MCCOY HAS BEEN WORKING ON THIS AND HE HAS SECURED US TO BE THE CONVERTABLE TEAM TO CARRY THE CODE TALKIERS AND OTHER VIPS. WE HAVE BUMPED OUT BERGE FORD AS THEY HAVE HANDLED IT HAPHAZARDLY THE LAST 2 YEARS. IF YOU HAVE A CONVERTABLE AND WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS, LET LARRY KNOW. 520-426-1052
    GhostwolF's PonypageS

Blog Entries

I'm looking to start hitting some local(ish) events, though I'm not much of a proper 'club' person. Not to mention, it may be that I simply spectate after arriving in a MINI, depending on what state of function or repair the GT is in. BUT, it is my intent to get out into vehicular circulation once more. If there's a show or something coming up, feel free to shoot me a PM if you happen to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    I'm looking to start hitting some local(ish) events, though I'm not much of a proper 'club' person. Not to mention, it may be that I simply spectate after arriving in a MINI, depending on what state of function or repair the GT is in. BUT, it is my intent to get out into vehicular circulation once more. If there's a show or something coming up, feel free to shoot me a PM if you happen to think of it.
    Didn't know you where in Arizona, cool!
    Will do the next 2 I can think of here in Casa Grande is this weekend a fundraiser show for a local school on the 5th. One coming up in January I believe on the 9th Casa Grande Home and Garden Show & Car and Truck Show. I WILL be there for the January show chances of me winning anything is about nill because they only do 4 classes and I end up with the older classics and low riders. Last year though both club members on each side of me took 1st & 2nd on the newer car class. I already got my application in the mail I will scan it and post it here in a new thread and PM you.
    GhostwolF's PonypageS