Close

Wink What bolts do I use??

Hello, new to the 2.3t, but I fell into a deal I could not pass up. Im trying to put the motor together, but I have bags of unlabelled nuts and bolts. The block is together with custom crower rods and diamond pistons. I need to bolt the Esslinger head on all other odds and ends. Any pointers or assistance would be much appreciated. I just don't want to screw it up.

wow that's tough.

Maybe open each bag, put on a towel or something with contrast and take a picture and upload it. Then put them back in the same bags. Might get lucky and have things grouped together just not labeled.

I have tons of pictures of my tear down and rebuilds so I can probably help.

Chris
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

The only bolts Im curious about are the ones on the face of the block. The smaller ones. I also haven't seen the plate for the eccentric shaft and the plate

Meant auxillary shaft

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/r...ustang/322.jpg

Here's a pic of the front of my motor. You are going to have four small bolts to hold the aux shaft seal cover on. Then six bolts for the front crank seal cover. You will then have three larger long bolts for your water pump. And lastly the bolts for the tensioner. You will have a quite a few small bolts for the oil pan but I don't recall exactly how many. You can see were / how most of them go in the pic.
    Hope this helps.
    86 SVO Boport stage 3 head,Turbonetics T-66,96lb/hr injectors,lots of BOOST!

Thanks for the reply. I've been busy at work and haven't made progress yet.

Just looked at your link. Wow, that looks amazing to say the least.